Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
$87
$99
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthorpe parkmini fridgea river view roombuffet breakfastbus stationan upgradetown centreground floortheme parkwedding receptionlovely hotelfree parkingstayed here for one nightstaines upon thameslots of choicelovely roomfull english
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed so we were near Twickenham for the Saints game. Overall pretty good staff super friendly. Rooms OK a little tired but clean and well stocked. For the proximity to Twickenham and London would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear MrsHellsBells,

Thank you very much for your feedback especially staff!!
Congratulations on Saints win..it wasn't easy.

See you again in near future!!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I was in Stains for business and this hotel was booked by my company. But when I come next time certainly will stay here again.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. I 've stayed one week and had no problems at all and even never heard that somebody complaining. Room is very good, everything what is needed is available. Extra things could be requested with no problems. Location is superb-one side is just amazing looking to Themes with swans and ducks:) another side is very heart of the Stains city. Shopping mall is just around-5 mins walk. Restaurants and parks everything surrounding the hotel, I found it very useful. I would say restaurant and bar here is ok with prices, same as everywhere?! I believe... Food and breakfast especially, standard but very delicious. You'll not get caviar of course but everything what is offered seems liked cooked at home. This is great hotel and great price, looking forward when I'll come back again to this city so can enjoy another portion of good and worm filings.

Room Tip: All rooms hear the same. I would recommend to stay on the second floor with view to the river. It is amazing, especially in spring when flowers and trees are green and coloured.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Kama H,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us.

The location is excellent with shopping mall across the street and station on walking distance. We are not far from London and Windsor is just 15 minutes away, next time you are visiting us we will be happy to arrange or advice you to visit some local attractions.

The view of Thames is simply stunning and we will be happy to offer you a river-view room on your next visit.

Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Seen from the road, this appears to be quite an elegant property. This is reinforced on the inside, but it is a bit of a rabbit-warren of corridors - I could not find a lift (there might be dumb waiters) and my room was at the far end, up and down various staircases, so you may ask for assistance with heavy luggage. The room is spacious enough, wifi is free, bathroom is clean if a little small, view from my window over the river (the alternative would be of the rather unappetising main street), bed is comfortable - one of my best nights sleep in weeks. Mind your head on the sloping roof. Breakfast was English but extensive - nice river view room, attentive waiting staff. All I expect from a Mercure, yet with some olde world charm as well. Open-air parking is quite limited (perhaps 25 spots but 82 rooms) - I slipped/squeezed into the last spot, but there is an open-air public car park a few yards down the road.

Room Tip: river view at the back
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear TempleofPeace,

Many thanks for your review. I am glad to read that you had a good sleep and enjoyed the view of the river and breakfast

I totally agree with you that we are bit quirky & quaint and hopefully you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely and friendly hotel. Stayed here through Thorpe Breaks and I was so happy. I called the hotel prior to upgrade for an extra £25 a night to a fantastic room, ground floor with my own door to the River Thames, little extras included!

MASSIVE walk in rainfall shower! Room had everything I needed and the bed was comfy.

It was a Sunday night so the restaurant wasn't open, however the menu was available in bar/reception area... The food was stunning! I did however find the drinks a little over priced for spirit doubles.

Breakfast! Absolutely brilliant! Cooked food and continental to choose from! And again great friendly morning staff!

I heard the train close by but wasn't at all loud enough for a complaint as I've seen reviewed by many, part of London is it not?!

If your looking for a very clean, modern, friendly and relaxing place to stay that is affordable then stay here! I will certainly come back again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear CJsCornerHouseCafe,

Absolutely Wonderful review!!!!!
Thanks a lot for your kind words and team at Thames Lodge is delighted to read such positive words.

The walk-in shower is one of the unique features of our privilege rooms and I am glad that you took the advantage of upgrade.

Hope you had a good time at Thorpe Park and enjoyed the new Angry Birds 4D experience.

Next time you are in Staines or nearby please visit us.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We chose the Mercure to hold our wedding reception as we frequently visit the Mercure for a drink by the Thames and we are always impressed by the manner and positive attitude of those who work there.

Nothing was too much trouble for the bar and waiting staff , they remained unflappable, even taking care of unpredictable events without us noticing on the day.

The wedding breakfast was delicious and the rack of lamb we chose much commented on. The buffet breakfast the next day was also excellent.

There was always someone on hand to help and assist, providing us and our guests with 5* star service throughout the entire stay.

Thank you very much!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tee31_10

Dear tee31_10,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and team at Thames Lodge looked after you and your guests.

The weather is perfect nowadays to sit and enjoy a mojito at our terrace overlooking Thames. Next time you are around please come in for a complimentary round of drinks for you and your better half. Please contact me on h6620-fb@accor.com when visiting so I can make the arrangements.