Booked this hotel for a 1 night stay for a weekend away for my boyfriend's birthday with a group of friends and we are absolutely over the moon to be able to stay in such a lovely hotel!
We were first greeted by very friendly members of staff and did have a little trouble checking in but they were very helpful and probably just a spot of bad luck.
Staying in one of the more modern rooms, we were ecstatic! The bathroom is lovely, nicely suited for a double room! Had plenty of space, in the room to invite our friends from their own rooms to come and 'hang' (the 8 of us). The bed was comfy, the curtains were one of those which completely block sunlight so I had an excellent night's rest. Plenty of lamps if I didnt want the room to bright, very clean, tidy and just over all very happy
Breakfast was probably the main highlight, if you dont get breakfast included, I would highly recommend you do as there was such a large variety to choose from and having a cup of tea with the view of the river in the morning was wonderful!
The only faults I had were:
Booking 4 rooms, we had forgotten to ask to have as close to each other so therefore we were all separated and took us a good 3-4 minutes to go up and down flights of stairs to find each other. Not their fault really, but remember to ask for rooms close to each other if needed unlike us!
There are no elevators or lifts etc! It would be highly unsuitable for wheelchair users etc. As there are many different stairs! But this didnt cause us any problems
I personally like this but the hotel is a bit like a maze, so if you enjoy an adventure. Take this one!
It is extremely close to the town, full of markets, shops, restaurants which we explored thoroughly and busstops to Thorpe Park is only a 2 minute walk.
I would fully recommend this hotel to anyone besides those with disabled mobility and have been recommending to friends already to stay here if they plan to take a trip to Thorpe Park or Staines in general!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the River Thames, this town centre hotel offers 79 en suite bedrooms. Only 3 miles to Thorpe Park and 12 miles to Heathrow with easy connections to Central London, Twickenham and Windsor. The restaurant & terrace bar offer a panoramic view of the river. . Easy access via the M25, with free parking (30 spaces) & free mooring. Free use of our local leisure centre (Gym, indoor pool & Jacuzzi) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Thames Lodge Staines Hotel Staines
- Mercure Thames Hotel Staines
- Accor Thames Hotel Staines