“Stay in staines”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed December 4, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Reviewed November 20, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a number if rooms for a family wedding and on arrival my aged dad was put on the 3rd floor and as the hotel has no lift access this was never going to work. Patrick on reception sorted out all of our rooms and managed to get him on the ground floor. Once that was sorted the rooms were of a good quality we had 4 rooms with balconies over looking the Thames. Breakfast was very nice and the newly refurbished restaurant is light and airy. Bit concerned that the toaster set on fire and filled the area with smoke but no member of staff noticed and there was no audible smoke alarm set off. Overall the hotel served what we needed and without Patrick on reception would not have beef such a good stay. He seems to be running all areas of the hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Mercure London Staines. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about toaster which we have since addressed.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to be close to friends for a Twickenham and shopping weekend. The first impression wasn't good as the receptionist wasn't friendly or welcoming and after an hour doing 4 junctions of the M25 a smile would be nice. No lift and a room on the second floor - that didn't help either! I know, a nice glass of wine will cheer me up. ...... £7.95 for the house wine? No wonder the bar is empty.
The rooms are clean and comfortable but the bar and breakfast are silly prices. Definitely NOT value for money

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person.
Please could you contact me on h6620-fb@accor.com

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel perhaps 10 times or more now so I have a good understanding of how things work.

The great difficulty with this hotel is the rooms are so different ; the more modern rooms are nice whereas the other rooms are in a state of disrepair ; for example, this time the shower was completely broken and I also ended up nearly scalding myself.

I also agree that the rooms could be cleaner. I have status with the Accor group and I would say that the staff here (as per my previous review) are generally very helpful and do their best to help.

That said, it sometimes feels like they too are exasperated by some of the inconsistencies that happen in the hotel and I think this particular hotel receives business a little too easily.

My company book into this hotel on a frequent basis and a few evenings ago I called at 10pm to ask for an iron board as there wasn't one in my room; the last time I stayed there was an iron board but no iron!?

I was told that housekeeping had closed the cupboard therefore I couldn't get an iron board until the morning- they'd deliver at 6am I was told- erm, no thank you!

Also apparently there was no scope to take an iron from another room. So in the end, I wasn't able to iron my shirt for an important meeting the next day. Completely unacceptable for this sort of hotel!

I mentioned that I'd raise the issue with the manager, as I have done in the past but I simply didn't have time in the morning as my taxi was waiting to take me to the office.

I've had some very positive stays at this hotel but recently I'm going off staying here as the Novotel close to T5 is a much nicer hotel and provides a higher quality of service; for example something as basic as an iron board for business customers.

Food is always good here and I always receive a very warm welcome which is a nice touch.

I think the £5 tray service charge is pretty steep in my opinion and slightly higher than other hotels of the same rating.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h6620-fb@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

After a busy day at Thorpe Park, we jumped on the Thorpe Park bus and to our surprise it dropped us, near enough, right outside the door for our hotel! The man on reception was nice and polite, check-in was easy and quick, and the room was easy to find!

The room was very clean, and really nicely decorated. All the amenities are there, and we could not fault the room! The 'black out' curtains are incredible, making it extremely easy to sleep way later than I thought I would, haha! We missed breakfast due to this reason, but Staines is fully of lovely little caffe's to get a great breakfast from anyway! In fact, the only slight niggle I had was this hotel stops serving breakfast at 9.30am... but, having said that, with such a great nights sleep behind you, who cares! The on-site restaurant was also under renovation so perhaps this is the reason! All in all 10/10 and will 100% stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room nearer the road but not a single car could be heard! For aesthetically pleasing reason...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Mercure London Staines.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Mecure in Stains as a base to spend the evening at Thorpe Park for one of the Halloween Horror Nights.

Check-in was smooth and painless and I received my complimentary drink (Platinum perk) and was directed to my room. The hotel a bit of a maze but I found the room eventually. No lift could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage or have mobility issues. Room was OK with a comfy bed and a small window onto the car park. All the normal hotels amenities provided and a flat screen tell. Bathroom was clean and functional.

Took a walk into Staines itself and this was about a 5 min walk.

Back to the bar after Thorpe Park and they have a good selection of drinks however the bar shut at 11 which was a surprise. Didn’t eat any food from the bar but the menu looked ok and what I saw coming out looked good.

Breakfast was good with a big selection of hot and cold food. It was all fresh and tasty.

Overall I would recommend for a short stay in the area.

Room Tip: Try and get one facing the river
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Jogchum Slof

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
#3 of 3 in Egham
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham

Been to Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel? Share your experiences!