We booked this hotel as part of a Thorpe Park deal for their Halloween events this weekend just passed, I have to say what a pleasant surprise we had when we arrived... The hotel is easy to find, is presented very well from the outside and very modern and stylish with a french twist on the inside, decor was very good and clean in all public areas.
The bar and restaurant have an amazing riverside view, with outdoor terrace for the summer months. Check-in was swift and easy, we arrived at 9am to collect our Theme Park tickets and was told our room was ready too, which was great considering officially checkin is at 11am, we were able to freshen up before heading out. Staff were very pleasant throughout our stay.
We were given room 004, which was a free upgrade to a premium room because I requested a River view from the window, which was a lovely suprise indeed. The room was large, clean and airy with the same chic decor as the rest of the hotel, being a premium room we had a Nespresso machine, mini-bar and other creature comforts. The view was amazing from the double door window which could be opened onto a grassy area right in front of the river. We had a lovely nights sleep after a very busy day at Thorpe Park.
In the morning we had breakfast in the Restaurant, which was a good buffet selection of fruit, pastries, continental and full english, we had the Full English which was very well cooked. Checkout was 12noon but we left early for the long drive back up to Yorkshire.
If there was any criticism at all, it would be with the car park, which was free but on the small side compared to the hotel, but there is a public paid car park right next door, or free parking on pleasant residential streets just a short walk away.
All in all a lovely hotel which I would recommend to anyone wishing to stay in the Heathrow area, it is close by to all the local attractions too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the River Thames, this town centre hotel offers 79 en suite bedrooms. Only 3 miles to Thorpe Park and 12 miles to Heathrow with easy connections to Central London, Twickenham and Windsor. The restaurant & terrace bar offer a panoramic view of the river. . Easy access via the M25, with free parking (30 spaces) & free mooring. Free use of our local leisure centre (Gym, indoor pool & Jacuzzi) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Thames Lodge Staines Hotel Staines
- Mercure Thames Hotel Staines
- Accor Thames Hotel Staines