“Excellent Location, Good Value for money”

Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent location, me and my partner stayed overnight for a weekend trip to thorpe park. We walked from Staines train station and arrived at the hotel within 10 minutes of walking, it was uch closer than we thought. We payed for a classic double room with no extras, however reading the reviews i noticed a river view would be a nicer room type. I was unwilling to pay the additional charge for the river view so I put it in the additional requests for the hotel, we was lucky to get room 59 which was on the top floor. Lovely view of the river, room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a bath with shower hose and curtain merged together, bath towels and soaps. The room also had ironing facilities, TV, mini fridge, kettle and tea/coffee facilities and a hairdryer. Overall we payed a cheap price on booking.com and this was very good value for what we had. The staff were friendly and happy to help with anything we needed.

The only negative points would be a smell outside the rooms, in the hall.. slightly damp smell and it was quite hot in the rooms

Room Tip: Request a room with a nice view if you are not willing to pay extra for a garunteed river view. They...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Mercure London Staines. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Lovely location along the River Thames. Convenient location to shops and within walking distance to public transport. Short train ride to Windsor and only 30 minutes to Waterloo Station. The hotel staff were very friendly with a bar and restaurant on site. Our room was very comfortable with a balcony overlooking the river. Free Wi-Fi and parking. The car park only catered for a certain number of cars, and if you missed out, you needed to park in the public car park next door. The only down side was there were no lifts in the hotel, which proved a bit difficult if you had heavy luggage. On the plus side though, the staff were only too willing to offer assistance.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are very picturesque
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business.

Great location in Staines, by the river. The rooms were comfortable, well appointed and the beds were very good.

Staff here were absolutely excellent; really friendly and professional. In particular, the lady at reception and the gentleman behind the bar.

Wifi is free and works well.

Food quality was good and reasonably priced.

I would definitely recommend this place and I'm sure I will be back soon.

Try and get a room that doesn't face the Main Street or car park as that can be quite noisy.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

For some reason my 'excellent' rating became the lowest! I append a short resume why this hotel is 'excellent'! MY previous comments should be sufficient, however I must write 200 words - so here goes
SERVICE old fashioned word in this electronic age - but practiced to perfection in this great little hotel! The hotel is, by Accor standards, a little tired - but oh, so friendly and comfortable. The staff were, without exception, friendly, helpful and, above all, empathetic [I'd had my wallet stolen in Porto and had to economise as all my credit cards were cancelled!] Meals were of a very high standard, the menu a little restricted, but the food excellent. My room was ground floor with a view of the Thames, standard Mercure amenities, but unobtrusive and quietly efficient house keepers. I will be staying there during September - that should confirm my liking for the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback again. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and like to thank you for your kind compliments. I look forward to welcoming you back again in September.

Geenral Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Lovely location, friendly staff. The food was very nice when we ate from the restaurant but the room service food did not match the same standard the following night which was a little disappointing. The room was incredible hot the whole weekend even with the window open all day and night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Ben161
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Mercure London Staines. We have noted your kind comments about the staff and also about room service which we have since addressed.
I hope to welcome you back in near future.

Jogchum Slof,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years and have always been satisfied. The hotel is in a delightful location beside the Thames with a patio outside the bar for drinks and and a good selection of bar meals.
Rooms are well-appointed, arguably a bit small but fine for one night, with very comfortable bed, bath and shower. Staff were pleasant enough but the hotel lacked the welcoming atmosphere engendered by its previous owners (Macdonalds). £20 charge for a dog is excessive.

Room Tip: Ground floor riverside rooms have French windows opening on to a small lawn, then the towpath. Ther...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Mercure London Staines. I am happy that overall your stay was comfortable and we have noted your comments about welcome which we have since addressed.

I hope to welcome you in near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked this as a stop over place before a day out to Thorpe Park theme park in April. In comparison to what was on offer at the new hostel style accomodation in Thorpe Park itself, this seemed like a decent alternative for me and my wife (we're in our early thirties but didn't fancy stopping in studentville central to be honest). We had a look at a few of the other hotels on offer in Staines but opted for this one - the promise of a river view sounded good.

The hotel was pretty central in Staines, reletively easy to find and close enough to walk to a selection of places to eat and drink. We chose to eat outside the hotel so cannot really comment on the food. £15 for breakfast seemed a bit high to us (tight yorkshire lot) so Wetherspoons in the town centre was good enough for us.

The rooms were pretty cosy, the bathroom was a good size and had modern enough fittings etc for it to do it's job. There was a tv in the room, tea and coffee stuff, plenty of towels etc and was clean and well laid out. We slept ok and never heard any noise from anywhere else. All in all a good night.

The outside of the hotel River side is alot more impressive and I imagine in the height of summer will be a really nice place to sit and have a drink etc.

As this was literally only a 10 minute drive through Staines to Thorpe Park we found it ideally located for what we wanted, good value for the money and in a decent spot.

We'd definately choose the hotel again should we decide to go to the theme park again and want to stop over.

Room Tip: Try and get River side - the views the other side are main roads - only if you're bothered about...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Jogchum Slof

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
The Runnymede on Thames
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham

Been to Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel? Share your experiences!