“Can't fault this hotel”

Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Staines
“Can't fault this hotel”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay here twice a year on business and can highly recommend this hotel.the rooms are large especially the bathrooms and have all the amenities. This hotel manges to combine small intimate boutique style with large chain hotel very successfully, we had a minor issue with the room we were given a double room when we had asked for a twin but this was swiftly rectified and the staff as always are pleasant and helpful and make you feel at home. The breakfast are exceptional and the best hotel breakfast I have tasted well done to all the staff - I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I am in the area!

• Stayed March 2013
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments, it's always great to hear some positive feedback about the hotel and I will make sure that this passed on to the rest of the team!
I hope to able to welcoming you back to the Thames Lodge Hotel in the near future.

Jogchum Slof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Aberdeen, UK
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed here on three occasions whilst on business in the area. For me the main attraction is location as I can walk from the hotel to both of the offices that I need to visit. The hotel is right on the Thames but unfortunately right next to a busy road junction as well. However, the road noise is easily avoided by booking a river view room, though at extra cost. On the subject of cost I consider the pricing a little on the high side given that the hotel is looking rather tired around the edges, though it is kept spotlessly clean. Rooms are of a reasonable size, well equipped and free wifi is available with a voucher from reception, though as with the common areas the could do with a refurbishment (example, the carpet in my room was looking worn in some areas). Buffet breakfast has all the usual options and the dining room overlooks the Thames so has nice views. The staff are really outstanding, attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: As others have said, go for a river view room to avoid the traffic noise from the road junction at t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I haven't stayed at the Thames Lodge for a couple of years because I felt it had become a little run down, and I could get a better hotel for the same price or cheaper not too far away.

I booked this as the price was good and I had been told it had been given a lick of paint.

I must say I was very pleased with the improvements made in the room I stayed in. The only criticism I had was my room was very close to the rail bridge and from about 5.30 I could here the trains going across it. Other than that the room was clean, tidy and the bed was very comfortable.

1 Thank st_elmo84
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was involved in a business training session in this hotel and we had a bright sunny room which was competitively priced. But it was the service afterwards that really impressed me.

I realised I had left a good pair of scissors in the room, so I rang the hotel for help. Luckily the phone was answered by a guy called Roman. He took my details, boxed up my scissors and took them to the post office for me. He rang me back with the details and I simply paid for the postage via my card over the phone. My parcel has now arrived and I'm delighted. No fuss, no paperwork, no delay - just a guy with a "can do" attitude who was prepared to put himself out for me. Thanks again Roman!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments, it's always great to hear some positive feedback about the hotel and I will make sure that this passed on to the rest of the team especially Roman!

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was very enjoyable but only because the staff put themselves out to help us but we were very disappointed by the false advertising on the website. We specifically booked this hotel and the privilege double room because the photo of the room on the website clearly shows a large room with a 4 poster bed this however was not the case the room we were given at first was very small with just an ordinary bed and we were told the hotel has no 4 poster beds as this was the reason we booked the hotel we were obviously very disappointed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Kind regards,

London
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Eleven of us stayed here over the last weekend - to save travelling after a wedding.

Clean, friendly, functional - no issues.

One shower jammed on, but was sorted by the friendly staff within minutes (these things happen). -

If you need to stay in this are, this is a low cost option in clean surroundings. Congratulations to all the staff, they all seemed proud of their establishment.

Thy really need to update their photos on their website. It looks like a dump in the pictures. A dump it most definitely is not! Do yourselves some justice and sell yourselves.

Thank you to everyone there!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if you don't like traffic noise although even though I had a front room, th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

Jogchum Slof
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Stanwell Hotel
The Runnymede on Thames
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham

Been to Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel? Share your experiences!