“They really go the extra mile”

Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was involved in a business training session in this hotel and we had a bright sunny room which was competitively priced. But it was the service afterwards that really impressed me.

I realised I had left a good pair of scissors in the room, so I rang the hotel for help. Luckily the phone was answered by a guy called Roman. He took my details, boxed up my scissors and took them to the post office for me. He rang me back with the details and I simply paid for the postage via my card over the phone. My parcel has now arrived and I'm delighted. No fuss, no paperwork, no delay - just a guy with a "can do" attitude who was prepared to put himself out for me. Thanks again Roman!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments, it's always great to hear some positive feedback about the hotel and I will make sure that this passed on to the rest of the team especially Roman!
I hope to able to welcoming you back to the Thames Lodge Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was very enjoyable but only because the staff put themselves out to help us but we were very disappointed by the false advertising on the website. We specifically booked this hotel and the privilege double room because the photo of the room on the website clearly shows a large room with a 4 poster bed this however was not the case the room we were given at first was very small with just an ordinary bed and we were told the hotel has no 4 poster beds as this was the reason we booked the hotel we were obviously very disappointed

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Eleven of us stayed here over the last weekend - to save travelling after a wedding.

Clean, friendly, functional - no issues.

One shower jammed on, but was sorted by the friendly staff within minutes (these things happen). -

If you need to stay in this are, this is a low cost option in clean surroundings. Congratulations to all the staff, they all seemed proud of their establishment.

Thy really need to update their photos on their website. It looks like a dump in the pictures. A dump it most definitely is not! Do yourselves some justice and sell yourselves.

Thank you to everyone there!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if you don't like traffic noise although even though I had a front room, th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments, it's always great to hear some positive feedback about the hotel and I will make sure that this passed on to the rest of the team!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed overnight recently and thought the hotel was comfortable and clean with good facilities. Although a wedding reception in the ground floor dining room went on until after mid-night, and our room was on the ground floor, we were not disturbed in any way. The reception staff were courteous and helpful. Our only complaint would be the parking provision which is woefully inadequate. A large public car park immediately adjacent is not satisfactory as payment has to be made up to mid-night and then another payment has to be made at 8 am. Surely the hotel can come to some arrangement with the local council to rent spaces in the public car park that can be used by guests

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in the family room after a family wedding. The room was big enough for a travel cot and playmat. Staff were helpfull and i cant fault the breakfast buffet to start your day. bed was comfy and clean..... Will be staying again soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We recently had our wedding reception at the Thames Lodge. The staff were wonderful throughout, both in the planning and on the day itself. It is a nice venue with photo opportunities on the riverbank, but it is the quality of service, and the friendliness of the staff that raised this up to an excellent rating.

Food and room quality are consistently high, and the restaraunt which is where the events, including are reception, are held has nice views straight out onto the river.

I would recommend this venue for that special event without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the river side. Rooms on other side face road. You may want to avoid a ground f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MercureThamesLodge, General Manager at Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Jogchum Slof

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
The Swan Hotel
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#3 of 3 in Egham
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel? Share your experiences!