“Business Hotel”
Review of The Stanwell Hotel

The Stanwell Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Staines
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly for work. Its an excellent location as near Heathrow and the office in Ashford. The rooms are spacious, very clean , good décor .. the best part is the restaurant .. good value , range menu choice and serviced with a smile.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jim g
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hi Jim g,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for rating us so strongly as a business hotel.

Regular guests such as you are vital for our hotel. So it is particularly pleasing to hear your honest, valuable and positive feedback. I will share your comments with the team.

Thank you again!

There are newer reviews for The Stanwell Hotel

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent value package for park, sleep and fly and very flexible as we were able to park the car at the hotel before we stayed with them (our accommodation was booked for our return flight when returning to the UK)
Check in and customer service at the hotel was extremely easy and the rooms were quiet and comfortable.
We left the hotel at approx. 6am after staying overnight to get home as early as possible and were slightly disappointed to see breakfast wouldn't be served until 7am so had to go without. We did not mention this to the hotel at the time, so they may well have made an exception or provided a packed breakfast so please don't take this as gospel - just a point which we would have appreciated knowing ahead of time

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 87SD87,

Thank you for reviewing our Park&Fly package. We do believe we offer exceptional value for this service. As a smaller unbranded property we are able to offer greater flexibility so parking before your trip is totally not a problem.

If you wish to stay with us again please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to offer you a very competitive package.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Over 60, female, travelling regularly from LHR and often need to find an over night stay. The Stanwell was the best hotel I have found in 2 years. Better than the Sofitel! All the staff were welcoming, polite, professional, friendly but not over familiar - I don't want to discuss my life and travels with a perfect stranger- dinner was excellent, fresh ingredients, well prepared and a realistic price. Spotless en suite room with everything for an overnight stay. Perfect location for LHR and an arrangement with a local taxi made the transfer economical and convenient.Definitely recommend
The unattractive access from restaurant to annexe should be improved

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hi Sheila,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, your comparison with the Sofitel is exceptionally kind and I will be sharing this with the hotel team as it acts as an excellent motivational tool! I shall also mention it to my board of directors!!

In terms of your feedback about the access to the annexe, this is an area that could perhaps benefit from some additional TLC; I will endeavour to review this in the New Year.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

while staying a night in staines, during our stopover in London Heathrow, we had a nice meal here at this place. Food was served fast and prices were reasonable. there is a nice hotel and it seems like a good place to stay overnight.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank robert v

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your comments about your meal. We do believe we offer quality & value for money, but it is pleasing when guests also agree.

Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to stay at the hotel with us.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We are regular fliers from LHR and last month spent 1 night prior to an early morning flight. What a great little hotel this is. A few minutes from Heathrow it is perfect.

thE reception and restaurant staff were superb. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the food was excellent.

The bedrooms were clean and comfirtable. My only criticism was that we found the mattress a little hard. A topper would certainly not go a miss.

I will certainly stay here again

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bubwal,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We believe the hotel is also a "Gem", we strive to improve the product where we can and your comment regarding the beds I take very seriously. We are hoping to continue the investment in the hotel and the quality of the sleep experience is of paramount importance in this regard.

If you wish to share anymore specific feedback please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am a young 22 year old and am staying at the Stanwell every week as I am currently working away from home. The hotel is lovely! Clean rooms, nice food and amazing staff who really go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel when compared to other (bigger branded) hotels. The atmosphere is calming and relaxed!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. We do pride ourselves on offering something more intimate than our branded competitors so to hear it from our guests as well is particularly pleasing.
I wish you many more happy experiences at The Stanwell.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here because it was close to Heathrow Airport and it offered parking.
Once I had checked in I was told to follow the signs to my room however after traversing two corridors there was no longer any signage referring to my room number so I had to return to the reception.
The receptionist was able to show me to the room which was a bit grim in that the floors were not level and the bathroom was very small.
I chose not to eat in as the menu was not to my taste or budget however the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Implusivearies,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Stanwell Hotel.

I was very sorry to read that you had problems finding your bedroom, I am sure this did not create the best impression for you. Though I was happy to read that one of my staff did assist you. I will be looking into the signage issue to ensure this is not repeated.

In terms of your comments about the bedrooms, without knowing which room you were staying in it is difficult to comment specifically, but i would point out that we offer different standards of room from classic, deluxe to executive. I am confident if you had raised your concerns about the room my team could have found something more to your liking.

I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future to enjoy the correct Stanwell Experience. Please contact me in advance of this stay so I may look after the details personally.

James Mahaffey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staines
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to The Stanwell Hotel? Share your experiences!