“High Aspirations”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Staines
lincoln
“High Aspirations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here because it was close to Heathrow Airport and it offered parking.
Once I had checked in I was told to follow the signs to my room however after traversing two corridors there was no longer any signage referring to my room number so I had to return to the reception.
The receptionist was able to show me to the room which was a bit grim in that the floors were not level and the bathroom was very small.
I chose not to eat in as the menu was not to my taste or budget however the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Implusivearies,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Stanwell Hotel.

I was very sorry to read that you had problems finding your bedroom, I am sure this did not create the best impression for you. Though I was happy to read that one of my staff did assist you. I will be looking into the signage issue to ensure this is not repeated.

In terms of your comments about the bedrooms, without knowing which room you were staying in it is difficult to comment specifically, but i would point out that we offer different standards of room from classic, deluxe to executive. I am confident if you had raised your concerns about the room my team could have found something more to your liking.

I do hope you will return to the hotel in the future to enjoy the correct Stanwell Experience. Please contact me in advance of this stay so I may look after the details personally.

James Mahaffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We attended a family wedding at this hotel and from start to finish the staff did a fantastic job. On arrival we were offered drinks and canapes. . The wedding breakfast was excellent with a good choice of food and all served hot. The hotel was bright and very well decorated for a wedding. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast the next day was cooked to order and again very good quality. Overall a very enjoyable wedding made possible by the hotel an its staff

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Les S,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the wedding you attended at The Stanwell.

We are very much hoping to host more weddings at the hotel, so your genuine warm comments are an excellent tool to encourage more Brides & Grooms, thanks again for this!

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. Very clean and tidy. Staff very helpful and friendly.

The one downside was that there was a birthday party being held in the bar the evening we stayed which made finding somewhere to park up very difficult and we felt rather uncomfortable arriving back after a long day in jeans and boots to a packed out bar full of people celebrating when all we wanted to do was have a few drinks at the bar and relax. Wasn't a huge problem for us but I would imagine SOME guests would be slightly put out.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear MrsMil,

Thank-you for your kind comments about The Stanwell Hotel.

We do offer a calendar of events including tribute acts, live Jazz & many other exciting events, but we strive to make sure all guests are welcome all of the time!

I do hope you come back to the hotel very soon, perhaps you may wish to contact me in advance of your booking to ensure there are no events taking place during your stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I live locally and are finding ourselves more than regular visitors to the Stanwell for dinner.
The main menu does not have the widest selection but with the bar menu and the special menu, I always find something different that interests me.
It's not the cheapest and the portions aren't the biggest but the quality is normally very good.
We both like the soups (especially the mushroom when it's on), and can always fall back to the tapas menu for a starter if we don't see anything we fancy (we like the spring rolls with hoisin sauce). The wife usually goes for the steak where I like to try something different and normally choose something from the specials menu (2 courses for £18.50, there is a 3 course option but don't recall the price).
Would be nice to see more people in here as sometimes it can be rather quiet, though it does seem busier in the winter.
Sure we'll be going back this week if the wife gets her way :-)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bob H,

Thank you for your comments about the Restaurant at The Stanwell Hotel.
We do try to offer good value for money in everything we do here so I was very pleased to read your comments. You are also quite correct about our 3 course offering it is £22.50.
I have very recently taken over at the hotel, if you have any other comments regarding the restaurant you wish to share with me please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Are you bored with those airport chain hotels? Do you object to paying stupid prices just because a hotel is attached to a Terminal? Consider The Stanwell: we used it a couple of years ago, for a night-stop before flying on the next day, and had no concern about going back. A certain other Heathrow hotel's offer of £220 for a room for the night was a joke, so we took an advance booking for an Executive King room at The Stanwell which came in at £105. So far so good.

Nice and helpful welcome at Reception, where we booked a taxi to Terminal 5 for the next morning. Our room was above the main hotel entrance area but was completely soundproof. And a small balcony gave us the opportunity to grab some fresh air - that's the only downside, there were no opening windows and no air-con, but then many UK hotels are like that. Everything was clean and tidy and well-maintained. I've been in bigger rooms, but for one night it was perfectly survivable.

We had dinner at the in-house restaurant, Zamora's. Excellent service from all the staff (thank you, Sandeep and the rest), and we enjoyed a really delicious 2-course dinner (and 3 glasses of wine between us) for a little over £50. I suspect we would have paid double that, or more, at "that other place".

I won't add photos - everything you need to see is already well covered by professionals and visitors, and it looks just like that!

So, we saved a lot of money, dined well and slept well before our immaculate taxi and driver turned up at 06:45 as promised for a £7 ride 9including our 3 full-size cases) to Terminal 5. We will be back in the Spring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear The_Old_Brits

I am so so pleased to read your review following your visit with us back in September. It is always gratifying to learn that we, as a hotel, have exceeded your expectations and ensured that you have had a memorable experience with us. I did note your comment about the windows and am pleased to announce that we will be offering air conditioning in our Executive rooms next Summer!

I will be passing your comments on to the team who are always happy to receive good feedback.

Once again, thank you for your positive review and hopefully you will join us again at The Stanwell Hotel in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Sheldon Baudach
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for one night. Reasonably clean, just about ok bed, in what was a loft conversion. Spacious enough and the bare minimum facilities. They have not gone out of the way to make this place anything above minimal and it reflects in the rating. Overall, an ok stay, nothing more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Neofytes

Thank you for your recent review of the Stanwell Hotel following your stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you felt the hotel was just very ordinary. We have in fact recently refurbished our Executive rooms and are in the process of rolling out phase 2 of our rooms refurbishment program.

We have received numerous positive comments from many of our guests on Tripadvisor,so I am really disappointed that we did not , at least, meet your expectations on this occasion.

Hopefully, you will return in the near future.

Sheldon Baudach
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Arrived for an overnight stop on our way to New York,we had a nice welcome it was very hot so sat outside ordered food had a few drinks very pleasant waitress good accommodation.On our return had beakfast and will stay agin of we fly from Heathrow

Room Tip: We had the suite which was excellent could have done with a fan or air con