The Stanwell Heathrow
$178
$171
Sofitel
  • Pool
Savannah Bed & Breakfast(Virginia Water)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew year's evetaxi servicefree parkingminute ridebirthday partystayed one nightairport hotelexcellent breakfastnight stayfull english breakfastbar areasunday lunchbooked this hotelcar parkfish and chipsheathrowpounds
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Beautifully kept hotel near LHR. 5 of us celebrated a birthday there recently. Whilst the quality of the food was good, they certainly don't cater for the number of people booked. We had booked for 6 but food was not even enough for 5. We had to ask for more scones so we could have 2 each. Don't let it put you off trying them tho, just make sure you get the correct portions per person. £12.50 pp inc pots of tea, sandwiches, cake and scones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Maria B
stanwellhotel, General Manager at The Stanwell Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Maria B

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed a visit to the Stanwell Hotel to sample our afternoon tea. I must apologise that the portions were not as expected but am glad to note that this was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention.

I trust you will be joining us again in the future for another afternoon tea.

Thank you again for your review on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed in that nice and cosy hotel last weekend.Shame we couldn't stay any longer!Very modern and spotless clean!Rooms spacious with a lovely interior.Perfect place for a romantic weekend.
Comfy and big beds,had a nice sleep.
Friendly and professional staff made us feel welcome as soon as we walked in.
Thank you Agnes!
Pozdrawiamy;)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jo R

Thank you so much for your kind comments after your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that Agnes attended to your needs so professionally

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Having read a number of reviews on here, I expected better on my 1 night stay at the Stanwell hotel.
It was a mixed bag throughout really, service was very good, the breakfast was generally excellent but he biggest let down was my room and the cleanliness. Firstly, the roller blinds in both bedroom and bathroom, covered in squashed bugs on the back! The outside of the windows were also very dirty. A couple of flies had been swatted on the walls, and left. The carpets were cheap and grubby - the same carpet as the hallway outside my room. The chair in my room was also dirty... A few too many 'oversights' by housekeeping here.
The bathroom, and shower in particular, was very good and modern. The bedding, linen and towels were all very clean. Strangely, I had one very comfortable and high quality pillow and one that resembled a tea bag. I had a good nights sleep, other than an engine running and bottle bins being emptied outside my room at 5am!
Breakfast had an excellent choice, I ordered poached eggs on brown toast from the hot food which was cooked to order. The quality was excellent although my order came as 2 poached eggs on 1 piece of white toast, a little small and the wrong bread. Good nonetheless.
If I was in the area again I would probably try elsewhere, the rate is very good for the area, but you get what you pay for. I did report the squashed bugs on checking out so hopefully these have been cleaned by now.

Stayed: August 2013

Dear bsnsjone.

Firstly, thank you for your review after your recent visit to The Stanwell Hotel. I am dissapointed to read that you were not entierly satisfied with your stay. I have passed your comments on to the relevant teams to action and can assure you that the cleaning issues you noted have been resolved.
Please be assured, as I am sure you have read our reviews, that we strive to ensure we offer a top class product at very reasonable rates and can only apologise that we did not meet all of your expectations on this occasion.

We have just completed a room refurbishment program and have replaced our carpets and fittings in 28 bedrooms and the public areas. I hope you will visit the hotel in the near future and experince the changes we have made.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My cousin had his wedding reception and it was absolutely brilliant, the food was good and arrived hot to the table. The staff could not be more helpful, and the evening BBQ was also top class. I personally did not stay but those who did said the rooms were big and breakfast of the same standard as the night before

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Nicki W

Thank you for your review after attending a wedding here at The Stanwell Hotel in August. I am so pleased to note that you enjoyed the wedding and the service and food that we offer. I do hope you will return to experience the hotel for an overnight stay in the very near future.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location next to Heathrow Airport was ideal for our weekend, and with the windows closed, the planes could not be heard. The hotel rooms are large and well decorated, bathroom clean and modern and bar and breakfast faciltiies looked lovely - although we weren't able to use them given our other plans. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CLY1980

Thank you for posting your review of The Stanwell Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, when you are next in the area, you will sample our restaurant and bar offerings which I am sure you will enjoy.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

Kind regards