“Very good all round”

The Ancient Raj
Ranked #32 of 87 Restaurants in Staines
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very good all round”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, service was very friendly and efficent and reasonably priced. Will definately be going back.

Egham, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Good service and food, found on tripadvisor and visited as highest rated in Staines. Reasonably priced. Was quiet on arrival at 8pm but soon got busier.

1 Thank Ian P
Staines
“A good meal & excellent customer service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been here several times but local competition has recently increased so I had to try those too! It was good to come back to the Ancient Raj. The food was very much as I remembered it, good quality & quantity although when we went to share a starter we were warned that the portions were small (and they were!) so we ordered one each. We shared what we got, calamari for me & samosas for GP. My main was a lamb dhansak & GP's a duck curry. The dhansak was flavoursome but hotter than I had expected it to be. We shared a portion of rice & a peswari naan. Overall I would describe the food as very good but not outstanding. The waiters were very helpful & pleasant & the speed of service was just right. We went on a Saturday night & when we arrived it was a bit quiet in the restaurant, so much so, we almost didn't go in! However shortly after taking our seats more and more tables became occupied. If you're in Staines and looking for a good quality Indian restaurant and not too expensive I can recommend the Ancient Raj.

• Visited October 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Food was so tasty. Fresh, authentic and good portions. I really couldn't fault it. Flavoursome, thick sauces and presentation was top class.

• Visited October 2013
Staines
“Very Tasty Curry!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Really nice food. Paneer Jalfrezi is my favourite! In fact every dish has been good. The best in Staines town centre for sure. Taste Card and banquet nites provide excellent value.

• Visited August 2013