“Fabulous meal”

Three Horseshoes Laleham
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Staines
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We re-opened the Three Horseshoes back in 2009 and haven't looked back since! A mixture of old and new, the Three Horseshoes Laleham is now enjoying life sitting well and truly at the top of its community. We have created a smart and comfortable pub with a great range of beers and fresh food, where drinkers and eaters alike are looked after with the same friendly and professional service.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I had a meal here a couple of months ago, we often go for a drink in the evening as well. The meal was superb and the Pub/ Restaurant is always a pleasure to visit.

1  Thank gaysey

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is my local and since moving to the area around 3 years ago I've probably had at least one meal here every 2 to 3 weeks. I thought it was about time I gave the place a review.

One of the things I like is that this is still a good country pub where you are as welcome to come in for just a pint as you are for dinner. They change the beers around occasionally but not too much or too often. The wine specials change every moth or two but when they get a big seller (like the Ramon Bilbao magnums they got in for Christmas must have been) they can still be available months later. There's a reasonable cocktail list with no stinting on the alcohol and some seasonal variation built in (jugs of Pimms in the summer, mulled wine pre Christmas). Except at the very busiest times you can always The garden is set up nicely for eating or drinking.

Food is consistently good but bear in mind this is a gastro pub not Heston Blumenthall's latest venture. Come with the right expectation and you won't be disappointed. I'm aware that some of the other locals think it's a bit pricey (although not enough to stop them coming back I'd note) but my view is you get what you pay for in life and if this quality is what you want it's unreasonable to expect bargain bucket prices. The kitchen treads a careful balance between traditional favourites and daily specials (3 different, but often recurring, main courses most days). I'd probably like a little more variety but there are enough things that I like to mix it up between visits and quite honestly it would be a rare week if I didn't have one burger so why would it matter if it's often here.

The best thing about this place though is the staff. Many of them are long serving and some have even been away travelling and returned months later. Others have moved on (to University, to post grad jobs, to work in one of the sister establishments, maybe one or two even just left). Throughout it all the consistency of service has been staggering. Maybe it's because we moved out from central London and there's something funny in the water out here but everybody smiles and everybody is polite. Of course over three years there have been snafus (this is real life) but they always sort it out and I've never gone home unhappy. They're as busy as fury but I've never felt hurried or unwelcome. Even the youngsters take time to speak to our children when they're with us (well behaved children welcome all day in the restaurant area and in the bar until 7 pm) Everybody should recruit and manage their staff like this.

I love this place. I wish I could buy shares in it.

1  Thank UgyLid
Reviewed June 13, 2014

A 21st birthday celebration evening meal was a very pleasant evening with excellent food. A table for 14 was well laid out and the waitress service was one of the best I have experienced. There was a minor blip with one of the meals but was immediately attended to very professionally. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good service and excellent food. Cozy backyard, nice to sit when the weather allows it. Not to pricey.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Another excellent meal! Come here quite often & never had a bad meal. A situation did occur with one of the meals but it was rectified speedily and appropriately & that goes a long way in good customer care.
I had a Shoes Gin & Tonic as well & it was very good!

2  Thank Lulubumble