“Typical. Not great or even good.”

Super 8 Queensbury Glens Falls
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Elmira
“Typical. Not great or even good.”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We only stayed one night and didn't use any of the facilities. The pool was really small and looked pretty dingy though. The bathroom was clean. The sheets were thin and I used my own pillow. We don't usually stay at chains like this but it was last minute and there isn't a whole lot to choose from in Glens Falls. The "continental" breakfast was very bad. I didn't even bother with it. The staff didn't speak much English but I didn't really need anything but a room for the night and coffee in the morning. I wouldn't stay here again I would drive a little farther away if I needed to be right in Glens Falls again. We didn't pay very much all things considered. So if you want a cheapish room and aren't very picky it's ok.

Room Tip: Don't expect much.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeckywIATA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newark, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I traveled to the Super 8 with 3 other people for a business meeting. We had 2 rooms across the hall from eachother. I was pleasently surprised when we walked in our room. Clean, spacious and comfortable. Service was very good. Young lady at the front counter was very polite and professional. We had a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The only negative was smelling cigarette smoke in the hall from the smoking rooms. Last year we stayed somewhere else for triple the price and didn't have as nice a room as this room was! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Churubusco
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We checked into this hotel at about 5:30 PM on a Friday. Check in was fast and fairly painless other than the fact that it was by a pretty sketchy looking charachter behind the desk. First impression is not too bad. The hallways are clean and presentable, the carpet is very stained throughout the 1st floor(I didn't venture to any of the other floors-I didn't dare). Once we got into our room though it was disgusting. The entire room reaked of mildew and mold. The carpets appeared to have been vacuumed on the main walking area but the edges near the wall and behind the outdated, falling apart furniture there was at least 1/2" of dust/dirt/grime. The bathroom was ok- minimally clean except for the bar of soap that was still in the shower from the prior visitors. There is no way I would have walked around that room in my bare feet. It was pretty disgusting. The beds were covered with sheets that were paper thin and the blanket had multiple softball sized holes in it. The matress cover didn't fit the bed and wrinkled underneath the sheets. The beds were minimally comfortable as were the 2 pillows in the room. It was extremely difficult to sleep due to the unrelenting smell of mildew. No matter where you stood in the room that was all you could smell. Anyone with allergies had better stay away. I have stayed at many different places throughout the years, but none as nasty as this. Apparently pets are aloowed here becuase there was a noisy little barker in the room across from ours. There is no internet access here at all. The hotel staff are at best "Sketchy/Scary". None were rude, however, I didn't stick around long enough to talk to any of them. As for the continental breakfast...it leaves a lot to be desired. Coffee, apple juice and orange juice. Raspberry yogurt, cheap donuts and "Little Debbie" cinnamon buns. Not my idea of a breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank alsn7504

Travelers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

jonquiere
Reviewed February 22, 2010

it's a quiet place near the highway. the room was nothing extraordinary but it was clean. there were a dog that was barking when we arrived. but the scariest thing is when the man behind the counter for the check in arrived. i thought he would kill us. he was like 7 foot tall and big with a big beard, and when it's midnight you don't really want to see this type of guy lol. this super 8 is not the best i've seen, but it's ok for one night only !

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Memphis
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Stayed here quite by accident, and was pleasantly surpirsed. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Talked a bit with the new manager - nice young fellow who was very concerned that my stay was pleasant. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
everywhere
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I go to this Super 8 quite a bit and never have seen this girl before at the desk. She definitly should not be working in a hotel for guest services. I came to check in and she immediately gave attitude and was rude. She grabbed card out of my hand as if I were irritating her by checking in while she was working. She was very short with me and wouldn't answer half of my questions. Then after she gave me my room key she darted in to the back room a slamming the door behind her as I was asking her if she could apply my AARP discount. I stayed up at front desk waiting for her to come back because I wanted her to apply the AARP. I was ringing the bell over and over again and she refused to come back up. Luckily in the morning I was greeted by two gentlemen at the front desk when I went to check out. They were very kind and helpful. I told them about the girl and they apologized to me and gave me my AARP discount. Decent Motel but Good god this lady needs to be fired!.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Not too sure where to start.. we booked pretty last minute and ended up paying 120 a night. The room looks like it's straight out of a horror movie, or the 40s... old, dated furtniture, horrible uncomfortable tiny "double" bed and the worst part - the bed sheets were paper thin with holes in them! Thats just not acceptable for any hotel.

The mattress had stains all over it and it took a while to convince myself to sleep on it... which i did, but kept my clothes on...

there are better options - STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George

Been to Super 8 Queensbury Glens Falls? Share your experiences!