“I loved this place.A very special place in my life. So sad it's gone;a waste.”
Review of Howard Johnson

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glens Falls
Howard Johnson
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This hotel although it may seem unimportant to someone who didn't know it, was truly a special happy place. I know it was only a chain Howard Johnson hotel(and I do like the Howard Johnson chain a lot), but it had a style all it's own. Particularly the Gatsby's lounge and indoor pool which was so elaborate and decorated in all the grandeur of a 1920's beach mansion. This indoor pool area and accompanying lounge has not been matched in that of any hotel including five star hotels which I've stayed in or have seen since. This utter waste of such a great place can be blamed on the neighboring Aviation Mall which purchased the property in 1998 while the hotel was still bustling and going strong as ever.(I know this for fact as it was always difficult getting reservations there.) It was subsequently locked up, left for vandals, vagrants, fire and mother nature to ravage ever since. This was because they had planned to bulldoze the sight for extra parking for their failed mall expansion. Thus, every year since when on my summer vacation to Lake George, I have no choice but to glance over to the decaying structure at exit 19 on the Northway and shake my head in disappointment as I see my old favorite hotel crumble and wither in its painfully slow death. However, very importantly I feel, please stay at any Howard Johnson hotel/inn. They're the best in customer service, their properties are always clean and well maintained and I've never been dissatisfied. They are truly a great piece of Americana. Please help keep them around. You won't regret it whatever your needs. Thank you for reading. - Mike W, Long Island New York PS-I will be adding pictures as soon as possible.

• Stayed: December 2003, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mikewfromLI
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#4 of 11 in Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Howard Johnson? Share your experiences!