“Dinner and a Movie...great fun!”
Review of Aimies Dinner And Movie - CLOSED

Aimies Dinner And Movie
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Albany, NY
“Dinner and a Movie...great fun!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Where else can you eat a full dinner while watching a movie in a theater? I live about an hour away, so it's a little bit of a trek, but very much worth it. I wish they would open one of these in the Albany area!!

Visited May 2012

Reston, VA
“Great concept but service and food disappointing”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a very pleasant and comfortable place to watch a movie. No worrying about whether to eat before or after or if any restaurants will still be open when the movie ends! I like the set-up of the theater (have only been in one of the two theaters for my three visits, so I don't know if they're the same); it's the nicest of any dining and movie place I've been. Which makes the lousy food and service a great shame---this really could be a wonderful place. Last time we were there, there was only one other couple in the theater (a total of four patrons) and STILL service was dreadful. I asked for a refill on my drink twice, fairly early in the movie and never got it and never saw another server for the rest of the show (about an hour-and-a half). I don't really go to a place like this expecting high-end food, but even playing it safe and ordering a turkey club on my last visit didn't work. The turkey had that not-quite-right but not-quite off taste of turkey that's been sitting in the fridge just a little too long. My companion ordered the sirloin----mostly fat and with a flavor suggestive of a low-grade steak that had been bathed in meat tenderizer. We'll probably still go back because they show some movies that otherwise don't play locally, but we won't be ordering a lot of food.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank RamblerReston_VA
Lake George
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

When i first tried Aimies Dinner And Movie i loved it, but over the years the quality of the food and service has decreased extremely. The food tastes awful and i have actually thrown up because of it. The food is either cold or burnt to a crisp. The servers are rude and dont care about the customers. I have given Aimies Dinner And Movie chance after chance, but it just keeps getting worse. The best part about Aimies Dinner And Movie is when you get to leave

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank stan g
mesa
“IPIC THEATRE”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Are you looking for the best way to kill two birds with one stone? This place is for you. Ever had the problem when one friend wants to see a movie and the other wants to get some grub? This place is for you. Ever wanna go to a club but don’t have the desire for large crowds? This place is for you. Ipic theatre generated the idea of eating and enjoying a movie at the same time. Put on your nicest outfit though, because Scottsdale is ‘large and in charge’! The music is hopping, and up to date, and the servers weren’t bad looking. I heard countless times while in the building, “This place is awesome!” And it was. Everyone around was clearly having a stellar time.
Care to know one of the best parts about my experience at this place? I could have literally, fell asleep in the chair I enjoyed my flick in. I mean, this recliner was ‘out of this world’ comfortable! Your feet weren’t struggling like they would in a normal theatre. These chairs came equipped with a leg rest, and the option of reclining far enough back to act almost as a bed. They came with a personal soft and cozy blanket, and even a pillow. All sanitary too. Speaking of sanitary, I would go to Ipic just to use their bathroom. An experience in itself, this bathroom was way cool! Rad lighting, and giant sinks even picaso staring right at me as I dry my hands. I felt like a king.
Ok, but really the best part was the food. I definitely recommend getting the nachos. The nachos came with like 10 different dipping choices, and home made cheese that flowed like the Mississippi river down my mouth. They were stacked high like a mountain. But there were no mountains around, only my delicious main course sitting right in front of me on my own little lap tray. Yep, a personal trey for me to conveniently eat my food with no mess. You must be thinking,
Larson 5

man those nachos have got to cost a fortune? NOPE! For a reasonable price of ten bucks. Who could beat that price for the quality of these bad boys? The service was also awesome. These
waiters creep through the aisles like a ghost, with mini flashlights to reveal their eloquent uniforms, helping you know, service was near. You guessed it, this place was amazing! I will definitely be returning to Ipic, and YOU should see for yourself just how fun it is.

• Visited April 2012
Queensbury, New York
“Major service issues correct them for 3 star rating”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been to dinner and movie places in other states. This is the only one in the Glens Falls area to my knowledge. My wife and I have been here a total of 3 times in 2 years. For those of you who have never been here you pay for dinner but not the movie. I do highly recommend reservations especially on weekends.

They have 2 theaters and you will not have to worry about looking over people's heads in the row in front of you. However they do have the chairs and tables a little close and you often bump your chair with the person sitting in back of you if you move in the slightest way. If you make a reservation you can request a booth, but they are in high demand and they usually like seating 4 people at them.

Service is slow in every regard, and in some ways sucks. They have 2 servers per theater and the staff can not keep up with the demand. The servers are also required to seat people who come in as well. Just tonight my wife and I showed up and were waiting 10 minutes to be seated and there were only 3 couples in line. 1 couple got seated before I did but came in 5 minutes after I did and were in back of me in line. I complained to the girl who did this but my complaint really did not matter to her. By the time I was seated they pretty much had just started the movie and my wife and I were not able to order until the movie started. We arrived 10 minutes before the requested time to get some beer orders in!

Like I said service has always been an issue each time I was here. Usually this is not the staffs fault but is managements. Working in the business 10 years myself I would like to see the manager or owner out here helping their staff!!! You can't fill a 20-25 person theater within 10 minutes with only 2 people working and expect decent service. I am surprised the kitchen can keep up with it all (which they do) considering all the orders are taken within 10 minutes.

Enough with service. The food is decent; I would compare it to Applebee's, or Friday's. I have tried something new each time I went, a pasta dish, hamburger, and a Reuben. All entrees come with 1 side. They also do have good dessert, my favorite is the Reese's pie. Nice selection of local and craft beer on tap, and they also offer a full bar. Drinks come out slow as well so order another beer when you are half done with your current one, so you don't sit empty for 10-15 minutes.

I will return here as there is no alternative locally. The movie screens are smaller but the atmosphere is nice. If management got their act together this could be 3 Stars.

Visited March 2012