“No thanks!”

Quality Inn Glens Falls
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have a lot of experience as a housekeeper so I know all of the places to look for lazy cleaning but this place I didn't even have to try. The sheets were wrinkled and covered in hair. They looked as if they didn't bother to change the sheets after the last customer. The carpet was gross. The bathroom was clean except for some really sketchy goop on the ceiling. The air conditioner didn't work at all and we went into the room it was 79 degrees in there..never cooled down. The night desk guy barely spoke at all and actually ROLLED HIS EYES when we told him we'd like a room. The breakfast was good, it had a lot of choices but the employee who was setting it up and maintaining it looked like he hadn't showered in weeks. Overall I would never go back there...oh yeah and it was WAY overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer A

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My family (DD8 & DS8) and myself booked a connecting room with my mother and three nieces for a 1 night stay and visit to Six Flags.
The hotel is less then 10 minutes to Six Flags. It is located across the street from a small mall and walking distance from several restaurant choices. The lobby was small but clean. The young man behind the desk could not have been more helpful or polite. We used the pool which was just off the lobby. It was a bit small but warm and clean. There was even some outdoor seating outside the pool doors.
The room had 2 queen beds, microwave, stocked coffee maker, and fridge. The room was a bit small but everything was clean and the bathroom had clearly been remodeled. The thermostat worked well and we all slept great. The free breakfast in the morning included waffles, 2 types of eggs, muffins, ssg, English muffins, coffee and juice. It was kept stocked while we were there. For the price of this hotel it was a wonderful value and we would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank trajon4
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Most people complain hotel pools smell like chlorine. This pool had no sign of chlorine in it. The pool was cloudy. The rooms were below average for the price. The breakfast area was too small the food was not anything to write about. In fact I can't remember what they served. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 635richardj
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited August 2013. Absolutely disgusting place. The place smelled so bad, mold dirty. The sheets were wrinkled and looked as though they were unwashed, hair etc. The microwave was dirty and the fridge had human body hair in it. Dirty fingernail clippings in the top drawer of the night table stand. The pool room was too hot to stay in and the outdoor terrace was uncared for and even the few chairs and table that were out there were thrown up against the side wall. The exterior siding paint was falling off and the exterior door lock was broken and allowed anyone to enter. After complaining we were offered an upgraded room across the parking lot at the Econo Lodge. We went over to see the gentleman at the front desk, who was currently dealing with a client that was obviously upset about something, due to his yelling. We got a key and entered the room and it was larger but just as disgusting as the other place, not to mention the ceiling looked like it was going to fall down and dirty walls and the smell! I could go on but.......its making me ill just thinking about it. Stay away from this hole!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pamela125
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I just returned from three days in Lake George. When we arrived Friday evening at about 7:30PM, we had a difficult time finding the hotel. The Econolodge sign was there but not Quality Inn. When we went in to register, the night clerk/manager? was sitting reading the paper and I joked that he needed to put up a sign so we could find the hotel. The response: crickets. No smile; no response. I think his name was Duane as we found out when I had to call Choice Central later on that night. He checked us in silently. Our room was on the first floor. When we opened the door, the room was small and smelled. The bed was barely made although it looked dirty. There was blood on the sheets. I looked at the night stand which had papers from the last person still there. It was also dirty as was the floor. The molding on the floor near the bed holding the floor to the rug was off with the nails sticking up. The bathroom was also filthy. Papers again from the last person there, nothing cleaned and the grout brown. I went back to the night clerk/manager. I told him about the condition of the room. Again crickets. He picked up the phone to evidently call the manager but not before he slowly took another reservation from someone on the phone. No "Can you wait one moment please?" No conversation at all. He sent a woman that could not speak English to clean the room and we left. We went down to the other QI in Lake George and the woman at the desk, not surprised by our story, found us a room at the Super 8. She also said they were charging us too much for the room. She knew how to treat a guest. The Super 8 was very clean and the management excellent. Then I called Choice Central at 800-424-6423 and they told us to return for our stuff and we did not have to pay the first night. Duane said nothing, handed us the receipt and we left. I would never stay in this hotel again. Someone needs to go in there and review the deplorable conditions. I know I am contacting AAA over it.

Room Tip: Although I always go to AA for my hotels and look at trip advisor for a recommendation, this time th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MMZ235
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is located next to Econolodge, another brand in Choice. I could not log on to the Quality network, but was successful with Econolodge. On first impression, - we did not like the hotel and should have left.

There is however a 7 days cutoff to cancel your reservation. This is unusual as most other hotels have 24 or 48 hours deadline for cancellation. If you book here, you might be handcuffed by “shyster rules”. As our bill amounted to $ 200, many may decide to try it out?

My wife did the «smudge test» in the bathroom. See picture with the result. The bathroom door touches the floor and has to been forced shut. The same problem applied to the entrance door which was ajar when we arrived.

The room was small and appeared cramped with all our luggage The cupboard with the TV should be tossed out and the flat screen TV could be attached to the wall. The carpet did not appear to be vacuumed for some time. When we did the smudge test on the carpet as well, that was dirty too. The entry door does not fit the frame and the creaks has been tried filled with tape. Some of the tape has gone away and you will hear voices in the corridor quite clearly. We were pestered by children running back and forth into the evening, without anyone telling them to behave.

The walls and roof appears thin as we could easily hear our neighbors. Internet runs fine, but we had to ask for the passwords to be written down, while we in the previous 45 Choice hotels this year have been given that without asking.

There is a large mall just across from this hotel with many the major brands. We picked the hotel due to this mall in order to shop comfortably.

We paid $ 200 for the room and that is much too much and bad value for a hotel room which is dirty. The Adirondack Park is located quite close to NY and that is probably why hotels here are that expensive?

The hotel appears a bit run down and some major renovation seems to be essential to improve conditions.

We lost a phone behind the bed stand. In retrieving it, we discovered some clipped nails. One issue is the behavior of a disgusting previous guest, another matter is that the cleaning crew does not understand the term “cleaning”.

The worst experience was actually “the hot breakfast” as it was advertized. There was simply no «hot breakfast»! Even 60 minutes after I complained on the non-existent hot breakfast, there was still no hot breakfast. The attendant (nights) seem uninterested in checking up the breakfast items. He went over and looked, and then fled to his safe place behind the front desk. If I had been the owner , I would have fired him on the spot. I also complained to a lady in the later day crew. She said that they needed time to correct this. 30 minutes later the “hot breakfast” still seemed “stuck in Hell”.

There was nowhere to sit at breakfast. A kind gentleman let us share his table. Look at the congested room, where some youngsters seems to roost before the waffle-maker. Are they totally unaware of that other guests may want access to the “feeding trough”?

The absolutely worst item was the checkout. When you check in, - we were told “that use of the safe will cost you $ 1,50”. We had not used the safe, and the bill had not been prepared before we asked for it. Never the less, - the cost for the safe that we had not used ,was included. The error was immediately corrected, but the lady ahead of us in “the queue of complaints”, - was having the same problems. Her final comment was “I will check this against my bank information when I get home? Mutual trust was apparently not an issue here?

I have written another “disgusting review” from a hotel in the Midwest this year with the heading; -”The hotel should be excluded from the Quality brand, no less!” I felt tempted to repeat that heading, but the first hotel was actually worse, - if that is even possible.

We paid $ 197 which is in essence $ 147 too much. The “hotel” seems to be run by a guy from Pakistan. I am baffled that these people does not grasp that offending treatment of guests will lead to digging their own grave as a future hotelier!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank phagerup
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This motel is one of the best places I have visited. The front desk person Marchel was extreamly personable and helped in any way he could. The breakfast was very good and the place was very clean.Outside and inside the place was well maintained. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#13 of 89 in Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#4 of 11 in Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Quality Inn Glens Falls? Share your experiences!