“Wish I had a CARL Rs near my house!”

Carl R's Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #44 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
NEW YORK
“Wish I had a CARL Rs near my house!”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Better than most thruway restaurants. GREAT CHICKEN WINGS! The best I have ever had. I wish there was a CARL R's near my house. We thought the food was good, service was decent, no complaints.

1 Thank Linda117

Glens Falls, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Decent food, not the best in the world, but good none the less. Great nachos, awesome fried ice cream and bananas foster. Best margarita's in town.

1 Thank mickylite
Upstate NY
“Horrible food and service - better off eating at a gas station”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

They claim to be a Mexican restaurant, but Mexican TV dinners are better. Been there twice (not by choice the second time) and the second time a waitress spilled my beer on me - maybe a third of a bottle - I asked for another bottle and was BILLED for BOTH. Stay away from here. I will say that this place is still better than Jake's Roundup just across the bridge into South Glens Falls though. I'd give that dump minus 1 star. If you want REAL Mexican food, go to El Mexicano in Hudson Falls, or Raul's in GF for a decent second choice.

1 Thank JohnCHall
New York
“Skip”
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Did not like it at all. Not real TEX MEX. Better off at Taco Bell at least you know what your getting

1 Thank beaders
Commonwealth of Virginia
“Bland Mexican food”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

This restaurant is owned by the same person who owns the Lake George Hampton. The hotel is amazing, so despite the greek restaurant review I read here, we went tonight. I don't believe any seasoning was used to flavor either the shredded beef in my Chimi or the chicken in my wife's fajitas.

The salsa served with chips (on the house) was flavorful but heavy on cilentro and lime. The main course dishes were just plain bland. No flavor whatsoever, and luncheon-sized portions for a dinner sized price.

If you like the Mexican chains Don Pablo's or On The Border, you probably won't like this place. If you don't like them, this place will make you say Hey, the chain isn't so bad after all.

Of course, I'm biased. My brother in law cooks his own carne asada, my sister makes her own salsa, and any Mexican food I have at the Salazars is authentic. The only similarity here was the tortillas.

It's definitely NOT Mexican cooking.

1 Thank crossstitchmom