“Excellent dining with live music!”
Review of Carl R's Cafe Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Carl R's Cafe Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My son and grandson dined with me at Carl R's last weekend. I enjoy Mexican fare, so Carl R's is the place to go. Not only are they locally owned and independent, they have the freshest ingredients bought locally. The atmosphere is what I would call "chill" or easy-going. They had a live band and that was very enjoyable! Low-key, not to loud. Kudos to Carl R's!

2  Thank Aaron J

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is tucked in just off Exit 18 of the Northway, but people should know about it. Very good food, mostly in a Tex-Mex style, and great service. we generally hit this once each time we're in the area, and we've yet to be disappointed.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went to Carl R's to see friends of ours playing in a band ( Big Fez and the Surfmatics. Awesome!).
We were very impressed with the size of the place and the crowd seemed nice. Except for one guy who had been overserved not sure if he was someplace else first and came in like that. He was very obnoxious. The manager was alerted to this fact and they eventually cut him off but let him stay. Didn't like that.
I would have liked to have eaten there but I'm vegan and couldn't find the menu online and I like to plan ahead. Every restaurant in 2014 should have their menu online. It's not that hard.
My main complaint with the place was the bartender. Worst ever. And I've been to a lot of bars. I felt like she was mad at me from the second I sat down. It was terrible. Getting a drink was like pulling teeth. But when she felt it was time to go she was very forthcoming with the check. Good news was that we spent less than we would have if the bartender had been more efficient. Overall, it made for a rather unpleasant experience.
Food looked ok and I liked the place but won't go back unless the band is playing again.

1  Thank mommyembee
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife, friend and I were greeted by the owner of the restaurant - a very nice guy. For starts, the salsa was delicious and their pizzas especially tasty. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Guy S
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Carl Rs has consistently been, in our opinion, one of the best restaurants in the Glens Falls area for over 25 years . My Family and I have eaten At Carl Rs since they opened. There food is always fresh , good portions , and always fairly priced. Everthing is made fresh on the premises and the employees are very friendly and attentive. It is truly a neighborhood enstablishment, Once they get to know you , you are treated like family. The national chains try and portray themselves as neighborhood bar and grills, but this is "the real deal" !!! A true "Cheers" like restaurant. Give it a try next time your in the area and i know you'll agree! This is a special place.

1  Thank Joseph D