“Great fresh food priced right”
Review of 132 Glen Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
adk mts, NY
“Great fresh food priced right”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried Glen Bistro finally after talking about it many times. We timed it perfectly - going on a Phantom game night after the puck dropped. Walked in and was seated without RSVP. Wonderful hand written menu so you know all dishes were for that night only. Price included soup or salad and all sides with your entree. There were so many great entrees we had a hard time choosing. I had the Ahi Tuna and my husband had the prime rib. Both were great. The soup was delicious and so fresh tasting. The waitress suggested RSVP once warm weather arrives and outdoor dining is available. I am sure to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rjm-12817

Batavia, il
“Don't miss it.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We loved our lunch experience. Too bad there is not a 5+ rating avail here because I'd use it. And our waitress Liz was excellent. Had grilled salmon, a Cuban sandwich, and a quiche Lorraine- everyone loves their dish. The homemade bread and pie crusts were amazing. Nice selection of draft beers.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bradley C
New York
“Best Value in Glens Falls”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This resturant has by far the best food, variety and service in Glens Falls. The only downside is all the meals have the same sides. You can get sea food or a great steak,prime rib or chicken. We had a prime rib and stuffed talapia, both were excellent, the service exceptional, the bread is by far the best in the area.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Hunter11ss
New York
“Great Food if you don't mind same old veggies every meal.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food is exceptional, however they do not serve baked potato ot fries and the veggies are the same every night for every meal, that is BOOOOOOORING!!!! Other wise it would be excellent, I now only go there once every couple months, I used to go several times a month. What a shame because Kevin Bethel is one of the best chef's around. He can do much better.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Hunter11ss
Jacksonville, Florida
“Another great dinner!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had visited this restaurant on a previous occasion and were extremely happy, so when we were looking for a place to go on a Friday night, this fit the bill. We chose 132 Glen Bistro last minute and arrived at about 5:30. We did not have a reservation, and the place was just about full with a few tables holding for reservations. The hostess was very gracious and gave us a nice table, telling us she was contemplating opening up the upstairs dining room anyway. The slight downside was that it was somewhat near the front door and it was a very cold night, so we would get a blast of cold air when the door opened.
My husband and I each started with a cup of soup (salad is also a choice); I had butternut pumpkin and hubby had onion soup similar to French Onion, but without the cheese. They were both fantastic as was the fresh bread that is provided before dinner. I had the roasted turkey dinner and my husband had blackened catfish. Again, both entrees were wonderful. The portions are not huge, and I could get a larger roast turkey dinner at any diner for probably $3-$4 cheaper, but the quality and freshness were top notch. Hubby loved his catfish. I think the only choice of sides are mashed potatoes and rice, but the mashed are real. We both ended with dessert, chocolate creme brulee and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. The cake was better than the creme brulee, I found the brulee slightly watery on the bottom which means it was made a day or 2 previous. The taste was still pretty good though. We will definitely come back, but will call for reservations next time, just to be safe. PS they have a great microbrew selection!

• Visited January 2013