“Great fish” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 132 Glen Bistro - CLOSED

132 Glen Bistro
Cuisines: American, Italian, French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Whenever we come here we order the fish on the menu. We are never disappointed. Great atmosphere and very pleasant waitstaff.

2 Thank KB92012

Naples, Florida
“Not as impressed as the rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visiting my sister for the week, she, my husband and I decided to try one of the local bistros. It was between 132 Glen and another, and based on the menu and the reviews, we chose this one. Not sure it was the right choice.
It is a rather small place, I counted 12 tables - I was not aware there was an upstairs as another reviewer stated. We were seated in the center of the room, but every time the door opened, cold air rushed in forcing us to eat with our coats on our shoulders. There were no other tables available, either being accomodated, or too small for three people. The tables are somewhat close together, but having eaten in many NYC restaurants, we're used to that.
My sister began with the soup of the day, being a pumpkin bisque. She said it was good, but didn't rave about it. For her entree, she ordered the Paneed Tilapia in a Crabmeat Sherry Sauce and barely touched it. When I questioned her, she said she didn't want me to write anything bad about it. (She's rather paranoid, but obviously, that didn't stop me). My husband ordered the Italian Meatloaf Melt. It looked delicious, however, I tasted it, and thought the meatloaf itself lacked flavor. The melted cheese and sauce were okay. He agreed, were we ever to return, he wouldn't order it again. I ordered the Shelled Maine Lobster in a Lemon Butter Sauce. The lobster was sweet, but a bit rubbery and I had difficulty cutting it with a knife. Also, there was not nearly as much as pictured on the website.
Being somewhat disappointed, we did not order desserts. I must point out that the service was friendly and for the most part efficient, however, there was only one server for all 12 tables.
Including the soup, 3 entrees, a beer and 2 glasses of wine, the bill came to $85 with tip. Had the food been better, it would have been a reasonably priced dinner.
Sorry to say, we will not be returning to 132 Glen Bistro.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank patsjag28
132Bistro, Chef owner at 132 Glen Bistro, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We have never had a complaint on these three items . The butternut pumpkin is one of our most
Favorite soup , simple and good! The meatloaf melt is also one of our favorites, made with over seven herbs and spices ,three different cheeses, home made bread and meat from top round , sirloin steak and prime rib and pork.Its not bland to say the least!As for the panned Tilipia with topping of crab meat and a sherry shrimp and lobster Newburgh sause,it cant get any better for a fish as mild as Tilipia,
It is what it is a small unpretentious restaurant marked by an atmosphere of casualness. The small dining room is open to the kitchen,and I am often in the dining room when not cooking talking to the customers, as I was looking at you from behind the bar that nite, which was very busy,because of a hockey game across the street. we have double front doors.Obviously you really wanted to be someplace else but here.the secoud floor is for overflow. There where three waitrons , not always in the dining room all the time.But to say you won't be back is a little rude to say the least.we are A rated by the health department,won rookie of the year by the chamber, best downtown restaurant two years in a row and rated second on Trip Advisor. I don't make many mistakes, but I think you misspoke. Sincerely- Kevin
Queensbury, New York
“Quaint, calm atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ate here with my family this past weekend and loved it. The service was quick, the food was fresh and delicious, with the exception of dessert which seemed a bit on the stale side. The upstairs dining area is very warm and cozy and a great representation of the history of the buildings in Glens Falls. I even heard that a dumb waiter is used to bring the food up to the second floor. Make sure to make reservations, especially on nights that there are hockey games, as it does not seat many. This place is great for seafood-lovers, but there are alternate entrees as well.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank tarantular50
“Nice Little Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We were staying overnight on our way home. We read reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try 132 Glen Bistro. It was a delightful experience. It is quit small and can get noisy but not annoying. The hostess Patty was very friendly and accommodating even though it was Friday night and we did not have a reservation.

The food was very good. My husband had the split pea soup which was excellent and the New York Strip which was cooked to perfection. I had the clam sauce with scallops over linguine which was ok. Kevin, the chef owner, came to our table and spent time talking with us about our meal. He was very concerned that everything was ok.

I would recommend this restaurant for good food at a good price, excellent service, and attentive owners.

1 Thank GoFood
Salem, New York
“Good food, good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I have stopped here several times for lunch over the last few years. The food has always been interesting and good. The wine list, though short, fills our needs. Service has always been good even during the lunch rush. You can usually find free parking on the street, but there is a town lot within walking distance.

• Visited May 2012