“A must try” 5 of 5 bubbles

Downtown City Tavern
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

A great place for fancy pizza and great food. The atmosphere is comfortable and the service is good. It can be very busy as it is a popular place. If you are looking for something casual and offing food made with quality ingredients, this is the place for you. Nice beer selection as well as a ample bar. Get the farm egg pizza, it will change your life.

• Visited February 2014

Glens Falls, New York
“we love dtct”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you are craving a well executed meal, fresh and healthy (but not too healthy), this is a fantastic place to go! It's got a nice upscale pub atmosphere, with good service, mixed with a whimsical presentation. If you're trying to err on the "healthy side", don't miss the wood fired wings with special dipping sauces or the green goddess kale salad and if you are having a "free" day where calories don't count, their burgers and pommes frites are amazing! I would say it is the best that Glens Falls has to offer!

Warrensburg, New York
“Nice change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is a great change in glens falls. The good is good and the service is attentive. I recommend this place the menu is different and fin

Visited January 2014
Queensbury, New York
“Great brews, food okay, music WAY too loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Maybe because it was New Year's Eve, but the DJ was super loud and you had to shout to be heard. The wait staff is very nice, and a good selection of micro brews. Food is okay (not great) but the atmosphere is nice and "Pub" like.

Clifton Park, NY
“Continues to please us.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Passing through Glens Falls after a trip to the Lake George outlets gave us the perfect opportunity to stop here for the third or fourth time since they opened. We always say we wish they were located closer to our home.

Starting with pints of Founder's Dirty Basstard ($7; 8.5 abv) and Sierra Celebration ($5; 6.8 abv) we were on our way to starting 2014. As I've said before, this is the place you go to for great burgers, non-traditional wood-fired pizza and wood-fired wings. Today we learned that they also know how to make some delicious soups.

My wife ordered the Curry Lime Lentil ($3.95/5.95) with its vegetable broth, braised lentils, red curry and lime juice. First of all, the cup size here is like a bowl in many other places. The curry was not too spicy and the blend of flavors was perfect with the addition of lime to the broth.

My choice of soup was the Pork Pozole made with bouillon, hominy, cilantro, and avocado. There was actually more shredded pork than hominy in my cup. Once again, the kitchen blended the flavors here perfectly. The only thing I missed from this pozole was possibly a dollop of sour cream. Did I mention that both soups were served really nice and hot?

Their burgers are available in two sizes - 8 or 5 oz. of Angus beef. The Chef's Featured burgers are 8 oz. and either $12.95 or $13.95. My wife asked for the Spaniard Angus Burger in the 5 oz. size which was then billed as a BYOB (build your own burger; $5.95 + chorizo $1.50 + fried egg $1.50). Since the 8 oz. size would have also included Tavern Fries, her BYOB also had an additional $2.95 charge for the fries. The $11.90 total is still less than the $13.95 that would have been charged for the larger portion, but you should be aware of how the cost is calculated because the Tavern Fries tasted like your basic frozen french fries and something that you might want to pass up if you are building your own burger.

Did I mention how good the Angus beef burgers taste? But the server never asked how my wife wanted her burger cooked so it came out medium-well.

I've had the Fennel Sausage pizza ($11.95) before. If I had remembered, I might have tried something different. Luckily, I enjoyed it the last time and did so once again with its house made fennel sausage and house blend of mozzarella. I think I'd like a little more fennel flavor however.

Our server, Christina, was friendly and nice, but maybe overly "thankful" since she expressed her gratitude at the end of almost every sentence. We did have to remind her to bring us some place settings when she brought the soup and spoons, but she responded quickly to our request for ketchup and checked on us periodically.

We enjoy the atmosphere here along with the beer, burgers and pizza so we'll continue to visit whenever we have the opportunity. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that they have replaced those useless tiny cloth napkins with standard sized paper ones.