“Great new dining adventure” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lake George, New York
“Great new dining adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The vagabond is located on Ridge St. Where the Black Watch was but for a much longer time Fiddleheads, one of my favorites. Chef Adrian is putting out some very exciting, selective Italian fare that will surely bring him many customers once he gets his SLA license and by word of mouth he has the place looking great and has a very friendly hard working staff. Highly recommend lamb shank if its available. Also stuffed artichoke app, and his great meatballs. The menu is somewhat limited but the number of daily specials more than make up for that. The pricing tho ala carte is very fair as well. Another great addition to downtown!

• Visited April 2013

Troy, New York
“VagaBust!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went for Dinner on Friday the 5th and Regret Everything about it. To Me, the most important thing any restaurant needs to have is delicious food and The Vagabond isnt even close. I dont care where you are from or how much of an expert you claim to be on italian food, one of the simplest, key staples of italian food is Marinara sauce. At this place it is simply unseasoned watered down Crushed tomatoes. No fresh herbs, too much Oil, and a lack of care. Caring, Fresh Vibrant Ingredients and Simplicity are what Italian food is all about, and this misses the mark. I love watching Kitchens work and seeing Chefs do their magic, but here I would not recommend it. The food is barely warm, bread cold and stale, and desserts are straight from the grocery store. Not homemade as we were told over the phone. And they have no alcohol either so unless you know that or want to walk to the store, you get to enjoy water and soda with your dinner. I remember on my trip to Rome how delicious the soda was with our food. in fact That was actually the best tasting thing we had there, the Ginger Ale. They have 2 big doors right upon entry that show the kitchen and the chefs and i was excited to see what goes on while we were getting ready to leave. But I regret that for you see things that any eater doesnt want to see. The old Chef coughing and wiping his hands on jeans and a disgusting towel, then touching the food barehanded and eating a taste of it with the same hand, and then back to the plate. he did look like a vagabond or vagrant showing such class. I nearly lost my dinner right there. had i seen that before, i would have taken our group and left. So Gross. the floor is dirty, the equipment and walls look the same. I wish those doors were a wall and i didnt see him work like i did. Ill never return and hope somebody shapes that kitchen up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
queensbury, ny
“The Best Italian Food in the North Country!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm from Long Island and when I say I know good Italian food, believe me I know good Italian food and thats something thats really hard to come by up here, but then came Adriano. Straight to us from the mother land and boy can he cook. He opened Cafe Lazio a few years ago and before too long the place was packed. It was very small and not to comfortable. Well he sold it and now has opened The Vagabond and is better than ever. The restaurant is nice and big and comfortable and the food is delicious. His gravy (sauce) is like a fine wine and the meatballs, you just have to try them yourself. This restaurant is a must for anyone who appreciates or who has an urge for some great Italian food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank awsofny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Has potential,but needs some work!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went in on a Tuesday of last week,then again on Friday. Both times the food was amazing!!!!! Our waitress on Tuesday was a very helpful young lady named Tora , she was very efficient and we never had to ask for anything she was on her toes! But Friday evening our server who never introduced himself at all, was barely seen at all . He brought us our drinks once and the bill that was it. We had another server and even the hostess do most of everything else. The atmosphere was somewhat somber and freezing that evening. I would like to come back but on the way out the door we overheard the cook at the bar talking poorly about the restaurant and even some of the customers!! So with that, we won't be back, later that day I was told that man was their owner of that restaurant so I feel badly for the employees who must dread to work in that kind of environment.

-Alan