“Homemade breads, great sandwiches and soups”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rock Hill Bakehouse Cafe
Ranked #12 of 79 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great little cafe near downtown Glens Falls. They make wonderful breads and have a nice lunch special - the chef's whim. I've gotten the soup and sandwich combo many times and have really enjoyed sandwiches with apple, turkey on the different breads. A must go to if you really enjoy the local, non-chain places.

1  Thank Jim D

Reviewed December 6, 2012

After trying the Paesan sandwich on my first visit several years ago, I can't bring myself to order anything else -- it's so good and the balsamic viniagrette is delicious. I brought my husband and father last week and both enjoyed their sandwiches as well (roast beef w/salsa and the Roast Beast). My dad got a cookie as his side and they are huge -- sandwiches are big as well. Cost runs about $10-$12 but that also includes a drink and a side.

1  Thank texansontheroad
Reviewed November 9, 2012

When I am in town, I love to visit Rock Hill...wish I had one where I live! The food is delicious and they have a great menu. It is the kind of food you do not get anywhere else. The breads, which I have bought to take home before are also wonderful.

1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'm hoping the Rock Hill Bakery is the same place as the Rock Hill Bakehouse Cafe at 19 Exchange Street in Glen Falls! We had used “Happy Cow” looking for a vegetarian/Nutritarian friendly restaurant in the Lake George/Glen Falls area and were in search of one called the Orange Cat Café. When we located the address in Glen Falls, there was no Orange Cat in site…but we did spot the Rock Hill Bakehouse Café and thought it looked like a place that would work for us. A quick look at the menu when we walked in told us we were in luck. The waiter was a delight, pointing out items on the menu that would suit us. Selecting our own teas from a vast array of tins was neat and my pumpkin spice was just perfect as was my friends ginger tea. We each had half of a tasty veggie sandwich and both enjoyed the vegan split pea soup. The veggie sandwich came with either hummus or pesto as a spread and when I mentioned to the waiter that I was a bit reluctant to have just any pesto …I don’t like all blends…he offered to bring some on the side. He did and it was wonderful! The prices were amazing, total for both meals was less than $20. If I lived closer this would be a regular stop for me! Lucky are those who live in the Glen Falls area…terrific service and healthy fare at good prices! Can’t beat that!

2  Thank dunn2
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had breakfast here and it was very good, including the coffee.
We left with one of their large oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, perfect for splitting for when you out on your hike. Very nice service.

1  Thank eashaw9