“Nice lunch place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been three times for lunch. It is always clean with good service. Their menu has a nice variety!

1  Thank jennyoRN

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were intrigued with this place while walking by about a year ago. A convenient opportunity arrived tonight to dine here before attending a performance at the Charles Wood Theater a few doors up the block. We passed up the opportunity to dine al fresco on the sidewalk because of the forecast for storms and a threatening looking sky.

The wine list was a page of whites and a page of reds. My wife chose a Heron Riesling ($6.50/glass) while I selected a bottle of Coopers Cave Stout ($6.75/22 oz) from the local brewer. The wine was serviceable enough that a second glass was ordered when needed. The stout, on the other hand, was anything but a robust stout and I'll try to remember to skip it if the opportunity arises again.

Our server Jill was very pleasant from start to finish. She promptly brought us a basket of hot garlic bread that was flavorful and tasted quite freshly baked. We ordered the Shrimp Brochettes ($9.59) for our appetizer - six good-sized marinated grilled shrimp skewered on a bed of basmati rice with a pistachio chutney. The shrimp were properly cooked with a bit of snap in each bite and the very delicious pistachio chutney added another dimension with both flavors and crunch. The rice seemed to have a nice flavor of both an oil and butter. Definitely an "order again" dish.

Entrees come with a choice of soup or salad. There were four different soups to chose from and two were calling out to us. The Buffalo Cheddar was a bit disappointing. It needed some additional texture to go with the flavor of Buffalo spicing. The Three Cheese Broccoli was a real hit with us - flavors and texture abound.

My wife chose the Mushroom Ravioli ($18.99) - wild mushroom stuffed ravioli with boneless chicken breast, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and shallots in a light sherry cream sauce. Overall, a nice tasting dish, in spite of the chicken being overcooked, but nothing memorable or outstanding.

I opted for the Apple and Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin ($17.99) - two thick slices of center-cut loin, each topped with Italian sausage, herbs, and granny smith apple, and a serving of roasted garlic mashed potatoes. The pork was cooked a bit longer than I typically like it, but it was not yet dry. The caraway seed in the herb stuffing added a very pleasant and unexpected flavor. A few young asparagus spears had been added to the dish and were just average as were the mashed potatoes.

Our server said that three of the approximately 10 items on the dessert list were made in-house. Of those three I decided to try the Carrot Cake ($4.99). Again, this was just OK. I would have liked it to be more moist and to have had more frosting on it.

If the opportunity avails itself again, we would return to try some other items on the menu. Maybe a lunch with burgers, wraps, or sandwiches would be interesting.

3  Thank Roger K
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Casual dining....great food....great experience....enjoyable....good place to dine with friends....family or as a couple

1  Thank Warren S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Pasta nite.....dish made to order by chef... unlimited combinations right before you in dinig area.
Casual dining

1  Thank Warren S
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I saw food that was on a man's plate returned to the kitchen and then put on my wife's plate and served to her. I confronted the owner with what I saw and he denied it.This is one place that I will not return.

2  Thank adkmtmnmn