“Not your usual grubby pub fare”

Cooper's Cave Ale Company
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York
“Not your usual grubby pub fare”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have visited Cooper’s Ale Cave three times in the last year, on our way from New York to Canada. This is the perfect halfway pit stop to refuel. Too bad we are driving, because I would have loved to sample their beers! The menu is full of mouth-watering options that stretch beyond the regular pub fare. The salads are delicious, everything is freshly-made, and the service is friendly. Bonus points for the home-made ice cream before getting back in the car!

• Visited July 2013

Upstate NY
“Something for everyone...”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I don't know how they keep track of everything going on here - brewery, store, ice cream, bar and restaurant... but it appears effortless. The staff was friendly, we were seated quickly and our lunch was very good. I can't attest for the beer, we had flavored sodas instead (they were good!) but the food was delivered as ordered. We topped it off with a trip to the ice cream window and the brewery store. This is a cute place to visit in Glens Falls, NY. It is also located right next to a bicycle/walking path, so if you are out riding or walking, bring some cash with you!

Farmingdale, New York
“Delish!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been here a couple of times so far when we are in the area and it has been awesome both times. I love the buffalo chicken soup! Since it is an ale house, the only beers they have on site are their own. They are happy to provide you with samples so you can find the one you like best. We'll definitely be back!

New York
“Don't waste your time (or money)”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had heard good things about this place so my husband and I decided to check it out. The nicest thing I can say is that our waitress was friendly. I got the Ale House chicken -- it wasn't horrible, but for an $18 chicken dish I guess I expected a little more. The veggies that came with it were undercooked and all I could taste on the garlic cheddar mashers was the cheese that came on top of it. My husband ordered Capt. Ed's Fishermen's Platter but don't believe for a second that it's "loaded" with anything. It looked more like an appetizer portion than a meal. The coleslaw was tasteless. If you're going to spend $50 (on lunch, no less), go someplace else!

2 Thank texansontheroad
Queensbury, New York
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visit Coopers Cave several times a month and the food is always fantastic! Buffalo chicken soup, chopped salad, pulled pork are all amazing! The staff is always friendly and attentive. The oatmeal stout beer is my favorite! They have a really nice patio that is heated and closed in on cold days and open and airy during the summer. I would recomend this place to anyone!