“Excellent Lunch and Great Brew Pub”

Cooper's Cave Ale Company
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I went to lunch on a recomendation from a friend. What a nice surprise, the lunch menu has something for everyone. This is also a brew pub with a very good selection of craft beers and ale. Two days later we took another couple back for lunch and they were also very pleased. I visit this area every year and we will return in 2014...

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

You get 6 beer tastings for $10. They make their own sodas and have 13 to choose from. You can also do a soda tasting. We did not eat here just have buffalo wonton app. It was ok but the blue cheese it came with was amazing!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Were in the area for a sporting event and looking for our family place to grab a meal & beer - and we liked it so much we came back again the next night for dinner, too! Sat on the deck with our kids, and the Sagamore Street angus burger was one of the best burgers I've ever had (ordered it both nights). The kids liked the ice cream next door, too, and walking along the paved bikepath that runs right up the backside of the building. Beer was tasty (did the sampler), too. Nice variety for a microbrew. Stop by for a great meal.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is an interesting, a little tucked out of the way place in Glens Falls - but well worth finding. The food is excellent! Fresh, tasty, creative. The clams in beer broth and the chicken wings (any flavor) are favorite appetizers. I love their chopped salad, my husband loves the duck sliders. But, we're never disappointed in whatever specials they have and we might decide to try. Desserts are also excellent and homemade.
The hard ice cream is homemade with fresh ingredients. There is an outside ice cream window if that's all you want. This is a popular place in summer. Huge and unusual selection!
I'm not a big beer person, but my husband likes the Tavern Ale. I understand it's a particular brewing style and taste, so a bit different. There is a lovely bar with a full selection and drink specials so you don't feel pressured to have to have their beer if that's not your style. For me, the food stands out as the reason to go.
Staff are friendly and attentive. You can tell they have lots of regulars, but newcomers are warmly welcomed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We go to GF a couple of times a year to visit family who live within walking distance to the restaurant and brewery and I never realized it sold more than ice cream during the Summer.
I walked past it this weekend on the way to Price Chopper and wound up have dinner with the family and it was great.

I know why the locals don't want to share. We will be regulars everytime we visit and get a Growler to go.