“Great, fresh food, great homemade ice cream.”

Cooper's Cave Ale Company
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is an interesting, a little tucked out of the way place in Glens Falls - but well worth finding. The food is excellent! Fresh, tasty, creative. The clams in beer broth and the chicken wings (any flavor) are favorite appetizers. I love their chopped salad, my husband loves the duck sliders. But, we're never disappointed in whatever specials they have and we might decide to try. Desserts are also excellent and homemade.
The hard ice cream is homemade with fresh ingredients. There is an outside ice cream window if that's all you want. This is a popular place in summer. Huge and unusual selection!
I'm not a big beer person, but my husband likes the Tavern Ale. I understand it's a particular brewing style and taste, so a bit different. There is a lovely bar with a full selection and drink specials so you don't feel pressured to have to have their beer if that's not your style. For me, the food stands out as the reason to go.
Staff are friendly and attentive. You can tell they have lots of regulars, but newcomers are warmly welcomed.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We go to GF a couple of times a year to visit family who live within walking distance to the restaurant and brewery and I never realized it sold more than ice cream during the Summer.
I walked past it this weekend on the way to Price Chopper and wound up have dinner with the family and it was great.

I know why the locals don't want to share. We will be regulars everytime we visit and get a Growler to go.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Our trips through Glens Falls are never complete without a visit to Coopers Cave. In addition to a great selection of on-site brewed beers, this menu is always full of tasty and unique offerings. Great selection of appetizers, soups, and entrees to please everyone in your party. The family run staff makes you feel welcome from the moment you step in the door. Our kids love their variety of made on-site sodas. This place is one of my favorites.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have visited this resaturant a BUNCH of times and it's worth the stop. Glens Falls is a cute little town. This place has GREAT food, good beer, and awesome homemade ice cream!! A great stop for the family!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The food is wonderful! Great people. The sodas are made on premises and are fantastic. Make sure to try the cornbread salad.