“How is this place not #1?!”

Cooper's Cave Ale Company
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“How is this place not #1?!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I've been everywhere in upstate NY and this
place nails it every-time. Consistently excellent unique food, consistently wonderful waitresses and Patty is just a peach.
Prices are super reasonable, great atmosphere, everything is so clean and well kept.
My favorite is their "everything but the kitchen sink" homemade brownies and Ace's homemade ice cream. The brownies have Reece's pieces, mini pb cups, cookie dough chunks, and I ate it all before I could identify anything else ;)

1 Thank Christinalillian

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Dining is updated casual with many interesting twists.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family and I have eaten here about 6 times since it's been in business; known for their own brewed ales and ice cream, the restaurant is an obvious addition. Under one roof is the ice cream window (facing the Warren Cty bike path), the store, and the restaurant - each with a separate entrance. The restaurant has the option of dining inside or outside (even in the winter because of temporary walls for lack of better term). It is clean, casual, and the menu hosts a huge selection of entrees from the Vegetarian Black Bean Burger (one of my favorites) to club sandwiches to steaks to corn bread salad and soups. My husband always tries one of the specials which typically is a steak with mashed potatoes and stir-fry vegetables. Service has always been good, helpful, and prompt. The restaurant has a bar. A recent weekend visit found it to be very busy at 5:30 most likely due to a recent promotion with a brief wait.
I also enjoy the store which has beer, soda (their own), gift baskets, and holiday specialties; I've put together my own gift baskets including their quality pint-sized beer glasses and individual beers which have gone over well for hubby and his office-friends.
If you could compare this restaurant to a chain, I would say it compares to an Applebees. Total cost for the two of us came to $59 which was a steak special, 2 pints ale, 1/2 pint ale, soda, veggie burger, 2 deserts (their ice cream cake in a slice - of course) plus tip.

• Visited January 2013
Queensbury, New York
“Great little pub”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Coopers cave is great all year round, as there is outdoor seating and an ice cream window (with more flavors than any place I've ever seen) conveniently off the bike path. The food is great, especially the fries. My boyfriend likes the beer there as well and likes to bring his growler to refill. I've always had quick, friendly service here.

• Visited September 2012
Moriah
“Great brews and food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The best of both worlds is found here, great beer and delicious food. Entrance looks like the mouth of a cave. Service was prompt, attentive and helpful. Overall an experience that says "return".

Glens Falls, New York
“Great food & great service for a reasonable price.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at The Cave with friends and on our own quite often. You are always seated quickly, the specials are excellent. I love the buffalo chicken soup and the mini chopped salad. He loves the beer battered fish ( which is huge) and the tilapia sandwich. The menu has a little bit of everything you're looking for, great apps, nice salads, delicious soups, a variety of burgers and seafood along with some more substantial entrees. It's fun to sit at the bar and chat with other locals or out on the deck under the heaters. If you have room, the ice cream is excellent for dessert. We're not beer drinkers but I know of many who are and love their beer. It's a great place to go for a quick, reasonably priced delicious meal where you can always count on excellent service. It's also clean as a whistle, friendly, not too noisy which are all important to us.