“Snob overpriced underserved joint”

Chocolate Mill Pastry Shop & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been to the Chocolate Mill several times. Every time service was below mediocre. It's like nobody cares, you can just stand there and not be acknowledged for minutes, then someone finally begrudgely takes your order and somehow they never fail to take it down incorrectly.
The sandwiches are tiny and way overpriced - albeit very flavorful, they're not good enough for the price. I am not going back anymore

There are newer reviews for Chocolate Mill Pastry Shop & Cafe

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just stopped for coffee and croissant. The latte was very nicely done - very smooth tasting. The chocolate croissant was good, so good that we decided to try the almond croissant which I would have to say was lacking in almond flavor. I would have really liked, and am more accustomed to more almond filling. The restaurant was very clean and pleasant. The pastries were beautifully presented in the cases. Staff was nice. There was outdoor seating. Bathroom very clean and spacious. Everything seemed well maintained. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great soups and salads. Desserts to die for. Just looking in the pastry and candy cases make you start salivating!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Chocolate truffles are to die for! A little pricey, but had a very nice experience. Excellent coffee.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was my first time at CM. place looks really cute and cozy inside. They have see through counter with gorgeous pastries. But we were not there for pastries and that was a mistake. We were in for breakfast. I ordered pop-up pancakes with apple compote of sorts (forgive me for not remembering exact name it was that unimpressive) my friend ordered egg whites with tomatoes which they didn't have so she settled for egg whites. My pancakes came out in bowl and apple staff on side in little dish. Presentation not so great. Taste was just ok. Not for the price that they charge. Her eggs were on 2" plate very very small amount. It was a joke I have never seen a restaurant to attempt to serve this amount and then charge money for it. We had a nice chat with coffee refills which were much appreciated as we didn't not enjoy our breakfast at all. Learned my lessons. Breakfast is not their thing. Would try this place for desserts though.