“I only wish I had had room for the pot de creme”
Review of Bistro Tallulah

Bistro Tallulah
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“I only wish I had had room for the pot de creme”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were referred to Bistro Talullah by our B&B and were very happy with the recommendation. Liked the style of the restaurant and while it was quite busy the night we were there we were able to enjoy ourselves. The food was quite good! My husband had the Onion Roasted Chicken & Andouille Gumbo that was delicious! Then we each had salads: Crisp Duck Confit for him and Roasted Beet for me - also good. Entrees were the Cochon de Lait and the Olive and Pancetta Braised Chicken. Even though we both ordered the small plate entrees and my saladnwasna small plate, we had more than enough to eat and had to pass onn dessert. Service was very good as well!

• Visited January 2013

Virginia
“Always Good”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stopped by the bar for a quick dinner this week . Had the fried oyster salad special and the Cochon de Lait.

The pot de creme dessert was great too!

This is our family's favorite restaurant in the region.

Only seems to get better

Queensbury, New York
“Great Bistro in Downtown Glens Falls”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just had dinner here tonight - I live in the area and have wanted to try here for awhile. Tonight's salad consisted of fried oysters on a bed of lettuce. These were the closest I have had to those I had in New Orleans this past summer. I then went on to the hanger steak and fries (full plate). Fantastic along with a couple of beers on tap (Christmas Ale and Dogfish 90 min IPA). Great atmosphere. Very nice menu with most items coming in small and large plates. Will be back to try out some of the other offerings.

1 Thank Jim D
Watertown,N.Y.
“Thanks to fellow Tripadvisors”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

On a recent trip to Glens Falls, N.Y., A friend and I were looking for a spot to have dinner. We checked with our trusted Tripadvisors and found several positive reviews of a place known as Bistro Tallulah. A very quaint establishment on Ridge St. Apon calling for a reservation we learned our only option was to sit at the Bar, not a prolem. Service at the bar was a little laxed but we were at the end of the bar close to the Openwindow Kitchen. Watching the food being prepared and the hustle bustle of the wait staff was a show in its self. We both ordered a salad that was featured that evening Crispy fried oysters, with sweetpotato puree, dried apricots, a smokey bacon dressing and Maytag bluecheese. We both agreed that a bit more bluecheese wouldhave been nice, but a very good just the same. Our entrees did not dissapoint .The Tuna Au Poiuvre was a very large portion ,and my Scallops with shrimp, andouille sausage served over a white bean ragout was ahit! We would both go back but if onership reads these reviews take your wait staff aside and advise them a simple smile goes a long way1

2 Thank Chris M
Albany, New York
“Awesome menu”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went here for the second time with my family this weekend. The first time I went they were very new and seemed to be more cajun/creole. In any event, they are still fantastic. I really liked their menu, it had a little bit of everything. My table sampled from everything and it was all to our liking. My mother had a dinner salad that she enjoyed. We had a pork special, a seasonal pasta special, a mussel dish, and two hanger steaks. I don't think anyone said anything for about five minutes once we were all served. The conversation died and we all dug in. The server was impressive with her knowledge on the specials as well as very polite and friendly. We never wanted for anything and we didn't feel like we were being hovered over. The food was terrific, the menu covered all the bases. The beer selection was fresh and seasonal as was the wine. I can always tell when I am in a chef owned restauarant. The passion for good food and staff is always uncompromised. A gem in Glens Falls, I can't wait to go back for the Mac and Cheese I heard about this winter. I have it a $$ because based on the Albany prices I am used to it could have been much more. They also offer full/half dish sized on almost everything which I appreciate.

• Visited October 2012