This is not a bad hotel as such - but at USD 185 per night I found it significantly overprized! The room had seen better days, although not in a bad shape (yet). But the a/c made a lot of noice and wasn't very effective. I eventually decided to turn it off for the night, even though that meant the room was rather warm to sleep in. The TV set was old style - and the remote only partly worked... Else, OK room, but no charm. Breakfast was adequate, but not great. The same goes, to a lesser extent for the rather pricy buffet (USD 27) they served in the hotel restaurant in the evening. But, there isn't much choice in the area, so what to do if you need to stay overnight!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbea Bay is the ultimate one-stop entertainment and leisure hotel in Kariba. With a dedicated play area for children offering a range of activities including the popular Supatube Waterslide, Caribbea Bay is the perfect retreat for family vacations. Not only that, but a choice of 2 restaurants, 2 swimming pools and an array of conferencing facilities makes this hotel the perfect location for business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbea Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbea Bay Hotel And Casino Resort
- Caribbea Bay Hotel Kariba