This was our first trip to Hwange/ZImbabwe/Africa on a leisure trip. We were met at the Hwange airport by our guide and quickly on our way to The Hide. Leisurely pace when entering the park. Plenty of animals on the way in. As newbies we were happy to see anything and were rewarded with a large group of giraffes after less than an hour. Upon arrival we were briefed, checked in and told the major times for activities. Our drink preferences were taken and after a quick change we were off for a sunset drive. We had two young boys with us and the staff were very helpful in accommodating requests and suggesting activities to keep them entertained.
The drives were frequent and varied. We saw lions over a fresh kill, elephants, cape buffalo, giraffes and plenty of birds. Although the guides can't control the animals they all worked together to try and locate the best viewing and alert one another to their location. Jean was a budding photographer and he was very helpful in suggesting camera settings and shot types to get the best memories from the trip.
The rooms were nice and comfortable, food was excellent and the drinks were cold when they needed to be. Sundowners and snacks were a favorite along with the night drives. Everyone had a good time and for a family with children this was an excellent place to experience our first true safari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well known and much loved, The Hide Safari Camp is situated within Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe's largest game reserve, renowned for its abundant and diverse wildlife. Built in 1992, The Hide has justly earned its reputation as a great wildlife experience wrapped in warm and welcoming hospitality. Accommodating up to 20 guests in comfortable, spacious, en-suite luxury tents under thatch, The Hide prides itself on having a family of experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Activities on offer include guided walks with a professional guide, day and night game drives, ‘hide’ sits, sleepovers at the romantic Dove’s Nest and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your The Hide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide Hotel Hwange National Park
- Hide Hwange National Park