I would like to express my gratitude and appreciatin to all the team at The Hide who contributed to give my boyfriend and I, one of the best holiday experiences we have ever had. We have not stopped talking about our time at The Hide.
All of the team individually and separately, made our time at The Hide memorable. So many happy memories. Their care and attention to detail throughout our stay was appreciated. Their professional, yet personal touch, so good! Simple thing , like walking us to and from our tent on an evening; practical but pleasant!
The guide team were kind, informative, generous and so helpful. Special thanks to Nkosi for the informative and interesting night drives, very special. Thanks to Peter for sharing his vast knowledge and experiences of the Zimbabwean bush, its flora, fauna and game, with us. And being so so entertaining, too. All the guides' attentiveness to ensure we managed to partake of all the activities, including an afternoon in the hide. And their openness and friendliness at all times.
Thanks to Peter for talking to me at length about "The Friends of Hwange Association" and the work The Hide and its counterparts do to maintain the watering holes in the National Park. Piqued my interest to be involved.
Of course, not to forget the chefs and waiting staff, who prepared, presented and served us a lovely tasty, varied menu selection for all our meals. Some of the best scrambled egg I have had the pleasure to eat! The waiting staff were polite and helpful at all times.
Never forgetting the special homemade picnics and savoury treats we got on our various activities. We still speak of the amazing spicy chicken pies, we had as part of our picnic lunch, watching a wonderful array of game at the watering hole, en route to The Hide from Hwange Main camp on our first day. What a welcome.
Additionally, the housekeeping team who ensured our accommodation was immaculate at all times. And the hand washed laundry returned beautifully pressed in a hand-woven presentation basket, with a local trinket, plus personalised note on top. Such attention to detail and care with presentation made for a lovely welcome back to our tent at all times.
Last but not least, warm acknowledgment to Katie and Lindsey, the front of house team, who were always pleasant and cheerful, and happy to help with all requests. Plus just happy to chat..
Highlight of the stay was the spacious bathroom area - bathtub and shower under the open skies! Best experience ever! Watching the elephant herd in the watering hole as you bath/shower.. Such fun!!
The Hide is a stunning property, but made so so much more by the whole team who work so hard to ensure we had an amazing stay. And we did have an unforgettable break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well known and much loved, The Hide Safari Camp is situated within Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe's largest game reserve, renowned for its abundant and diverse wildlife. Built in 1992, The Hide has justly earned its reputation as a great wildlife experience wrapped in warm and welcoming hospitality. Accommodating up to 20 guests in comfortable, spacious, en-suite luxury tents under thatch, The Hide prides itself on having a family of experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Activities on offer include guided walks with a professional guide, day and night game drives, ‘hide’ sits, sleepovers at the romantic Dove’s Nest and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Hide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide Hotel Hwange National Park
- Hide Hwange National Park