This was such a unique experience for me, being in The Bush, staying in an Individual tent with thatched roof protection above, solid floor, indoor bathroom and shower, and outdoor shower and big tub! My porch, as the others, faced the waterhole where many animals (like zebras in the afternoon, elephants in the early evening and during the night) went to drink. When I heard a lion outside my tent in the afternoon, I was a scardy cat and went inside, but my neighbors watched two lions walk calmly by as they enjoyed sitting on their veranda! I could hear the animals sounds at night, which was very exciting. The hospitality couldn't have been better--a lovely hostess and her assistant did everything they could to make our stay a memorable one. My wake-up call was a knock on the door with a delivery of hot chocolate, ordered the night before. After our very successful morning game drive, we had a hearty brunch. Evening dinner was beautifully presented against the backdrop of the animals and waterhole--very romantic. Included in the service was our laundry, a first for me, and very appreciated! I wish I had another day there so I could use the pool and enjoy a lounge chair to stargaze at night. There are no keys to the rooms; nevertheless, I felt very safe. All our game drives were amazing, especially one at sunset at a waterhole where we saw hundreds or elephants and cape buffalo going to the water from different directions. Magical! This is a small lodge with a intimate feel. I was travelling with a small group of 12.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well known and much loved, The Hide Safari Camp is situated within Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe's largest game reserve, renowned for its abundant and diverse wildlife. Built in 1992, The Hide has justly earned its reputation as a great wildlife experience wrapped in warm and welcoming hospitality. Accommodating up to 20 guests in comfortable, spacious, en-suite luxury tents under thatch, The Hide prides itself on having a family of experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Activities on offer include guided walks with a professional guide, day and night game drives, ‘hide’ sits, sleepovers at the romantic Dove’s Nest and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Hide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide Hotel Hwange National Park
- Hide Hwange National Park