Ever since I lived in Zimbabwe almost fifteen years ago I've always wanted to go to the Hide - but somehow it never happened, until now! So, the expectations were of course quite high! But, I must say it more or less met my (high) expectations. The fact that I did not see the animals I had hoped for is of course nothing I can blame the Hide for, so keeping to the facilities as such... Very nice setting. Good food and drinks. Management forthcoming, although not as warm and welcoming as I quite often otherwise find that it is in places like this. The cage down by the waterhole is perhaps the most unique thing about the Hide and should not be missed - unless you're claustrophobic and/or afraid of little lizards... Our guide was quite good and my sense was that the other ones were as well. Interestingly they seemed to have quite different personalities - I could see that some guides go better with certain people that others... All in all, if you can afford it, go for it! However, it is rather expensive - so, if this is THE one place you will visit in a long time and want to have a fantastic visit, you may still want to weigh your options...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well known and much loved, The Hide Safari Camp is situated within Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe's largest game reserve, renowned for its abundant and diverse wildlife. Built in 1992, The Hide has justly earned its reputation as a great wildlife experience wrapped in warm and welcoming hospitality. Accommodating up to 20 guests in comfortable, spacious, en-suite luxury tents under thatch, The Hide prides itself on having a family of experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Activities on offer include guided walks with a professional guide, day and night game drives, ‘hide’ sits, sleepovers at the romantic Dove’s Nest and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Hide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide Hotel Hwange National Park
- Hide Hwange National Park