Tripadvisor
Hwange National Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews every afternoon solar power amazing place hot water watering hole game drives nono plugs roan lounge noise hyenas sundowners wifi park kill tents
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Verney's Camp twice on Business. The first time I was there I was blown away and equally the second time. The Service you get there in like none other and their attention to detail is brilliant. Very few places can give you a full experience like this place does, I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Romeoposh
MachabaCamps, Marketing Coordinator at Verney's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there,

Wow thank you so much for that amazing review, and thank you for returning back to visit us again :) We are glad you loved you stay with us at Verneys Camp, and we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

How fantastic was this experience. Even though this time of year we weren’t meant to see so many animals we saw them all (except a leopard) . Mario and all the staff were amazing and the accommodation and food and drinks were never ending. Our hi tea before going on evening game drive always had some treat for our gluten free granddaughter!.
The game drives were so informative and we all learnt so much from these guides.
Have stayed at Kruger which was also great but felt closer to nature here being in luxury tents.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Roz I
MachabaCamps, Marketing Coordinator at Verney's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Hi Roz,

Thanks for that lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us - it must have been quite a memorable experience with so many family members having joined in :) Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to have been apart of your safari experience!

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely incredible! I don’t think words by themselves can do this place justice. You’re literally in the middle of the park, and you suddenly see these huge, canvas tents in the middle of the bush. The staff are extremely hospitable, the food is INCREDIBLE, and the game drives...you just can’t get that kind of experience anywhere. We saw 4 of the big 5 (no leopards!) and tons of birds, and other animals large and small. I would have loved to have gone in April-June time when there is more water, as we went right when the dry season is ending, and many of the water holes are barren. They also had to drain the pool during our stay because elephants kept drinking out of it, so they instead decided to push that water to the watering hole nearby. If you’re looking for an experience that is timeless and priceless, and can not be matched anywhere else, then Verney’s Camp is exactly the thrilling place you’re looking for.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KWCTravelsTheWorld
MachabaCamps, Marketing Coordinator at Verney's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Hi there,

What an amazing review and feedback, we highly appreciate your wonderful words! :) I'm glad your experience with us was such a magical and memorable one - that is exactly what we achieve to do! Thank you for choosing Verneys Camp.

Reviewed November 21, 2019

I have been on more than 20 safari experiences in this ranks as my favorite! The staff and food and attention to detail are unmatched. I also appreciate that the camp is eco-friendly and run exclusively by solar power.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank q594
MachabaCamps, Marketing Coordinator at Verney's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Hi There,

Wow what a fantastic compliment as you are a seasoned safari traveler! Thank you for that amazing feedback. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations :) Thank you for choosing and visiting us at Verneys Camp.

Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

Verneys is a relatively new camp, but deserves to develop a fine reputation. Rooms are beautiful and well equipped. Food is first rate and I enjoyed that there was a ‘real’ kitchen there for the guests to see, and to help cook if you wanted!

No shortage of action at the solar pump waterhole in front of the camp, and be prepared for elephants moving through the camp.

Great to see so much use of solar power.

It was extremely hot when I stayed, but the rooms have fans and the main area generally had a breeze. Hwange is in severe drought and it’s hard to watch how the wildlife are affected. But the Verneys staff and guides did all they could to make my stay rewarding and enjoyable. Thanks to White for being an excellent guide.
I especially enjoyed seeing and chatting to all the awesome young women on staff at Verneys. Good to see.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank debbiem826
MachabaCamps, Marketing Coordinator at Verney's Camp, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2019

Hi Debbie,

Yes, the elephants at the watering hole sure do make for some great sightings right from the comfort of camp! I'm glad you got to experience this! Happy to hear our wonderful staff made sure your stay was enjoyable - thank you to the special mention of our great team :) We hope the rest of your Safari was a memorable one.