Tripadvisor
Douz
Review Highlights
Nice choice for a miday activity

I recommend quad tour as an activity in Douz. Suitable for large groups and little children... read more

Reviewed December 1, 2019
dr_barbossa90
Tambov, Russia
via mobile
The best desert activity

This is the best you might be looking for. Grab a quad bike and go full throttle, the dunes make... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2019
vasilyguangzhou
Guangzhou, China

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great experience, but 30 min was a little bit short and wanted to experience more dessert... We still could see Douz at the horizon... Was hoping for a total dessert experience...

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wow...we had a lot of fun. the dunes were awesome! the guys who took care of us by setting up camp and cooking did an excellent job. We were out riding for 3 days. I am actually taking my sons age 13 and 15 on an overnight trip with this group next month!

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Khalid's friendly, helpful, polite, and extremely competent team made our Sahara adventure amazing.

In a decade's worth of Tunisian adventures this was my favorite. You can't beat fast 4-wheelers/quads, great food, and the desert's extreme beauty... and especially with a group of great friends!

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank Kileni
Reviewed July 14, 2013

So I think Khalid and his group has some tamer options for seeing the Sahara, but if you're looking for an adrenaline pumping, fast paced option, ask for the 3 day, 2 night quad trip. They test your abilities the first morning and then begin to ramp things up and push you to the edge until you're scaling and descending the real dunes (MOUNTAINS OF SAND). Stay overnight with incredible dinner under the stars, then saddle up for a trek out to an amazing hot spring in the middle of nowhere for lunch. There were times it was like I was driving and riding on my own roller coaster!

These guys are super professional and skilled and they bring along a great cook. If you really want to remember your "excursion" to see the Sahara, go with these guys!

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Awesome trip! After some small to medium dunes to get the hang of things, we were taken to the BIG dunes. It was challenging, exciting, and exhilarating! Khalid's team was there to help and encourage as well as handle any mechanical issues. After a hard/great day of riding we were treated to good and plenty of food and drink. I would recommend to any level of rider.

Date of experience: April 2013