“Wonderful holiday fabulous food”

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Only just got round to writing a review. Staying in a room with infinity pool accomadation to very high standard. Buffet was just wonderful people moaning about the food I just can't understand choice and quality was top class didn't need to go anywhere else. Staff very helpful. Just what we needed. If you're looking for a honeymoon destination this is it. Worth every penny

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Familyof5ve
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Family of Five,

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to record these on Trip Advisor.
It was pleasing to read that you found a high level of service from all Team Members, enjoyed the quality of food in Café Dauban and took in the scenery from the infinity pool.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

With my mother passing away my husband booked this holiday for us to relax and have some time out. The island is a 40 minute crossing from Mahe. The resort is beautiful and felt calm and peaceful. We were taken to our beach view villa which was modern and spacious. A large bathroom and lounge/bedroom area. The veranda was overlooking a beautiful secluded beach. We were only 8 yards from the sand. We opted for half board for half board but then opted out because we were given only a very few choices from the main menu at all the restaurants, except the buffet one. We ate at the Creole restaurant Grand Kaz which we were really excited about turned out to be a real disappointment it was was very expensive and tasteless. We tried the buffet and all the other restaurants and they were very average. The La Brizan did serve lovely lunch. The lamb chops were to die for. At the La Brizan a lovely waiter called Kumara did ask the chef to prepare us an indian meal for dinner and he did. It was fantastic better than all the restaurants. All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially Raj the recreation manager who was very professional. He needs to be promoted! Our highlight of the holiday was the fresh clean villa and the paradise beach with a very calm, tranquil atmosphere.We took the 5am crossing which was really choppy and a bit scary. We would recommend it for a peaceful holiday.

Room Tip: Beach villa.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nisha B
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Nisha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our reviewers’ perusal on Trip Advisor. Your concerns are well noted and I do apologize for any short comings you mentioned. Your meal comments have been forward onto the Executive Chef.

It was pleasing to read you and your husband found peace on the island. Your praises towards Kumara & Raj have been forward onto them both and well received.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Agree with all the other positive reviews - stunning location, big rooms, good food, friendly staff. Just want to add for anyone thinking of taking kids the staff were delightful with our toddler, making a really fuss of her and therefore making our time really fun & special. Service might not always be slick but the laid back style must surely come hand in hand with the location and we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed: August 2013
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments and agreeing with previous comments of praise submitted.

We strive to make all our guests feel cared for, regardless of their age.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we trust you will return soon to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Due to stress at home and at work, it was decided that a "chill-out" holiday was required. Hilton Labriz could not have been a better choice. From the moment we stepped into the resort, we switched off from everything we had left at home! It really was the perfect location for rest, peace and tranquility.

Sea transfer from Mahe to Hilton Labriz on Sillhouette Island: much has been written on Trip Advisor about the choppy sea, unpleasant ride etc. Being a poor sea traveller I therefore took note and prepared for this by taking the usual travel sickness tablets an hour before crossing. Hilton has its own smart little terminus and we sat here for only half an hour before boarding a plush little yacht for the forty minute crossing. I sat outside, next to the captain, and although the sea was a little choppy I thoroughly enjoyed the exhilarating ride. Seeing Sillhouette Island in the distance, its summit shrouded in mist, was absolutely fantastic. To top it all, the ride was a doddle. Not a hint of sea sickness. The return journey, however, was in total contrast and one which I would in no way ever wish to repeat. We checked out of the resort at 4am in order to catch the boat for the 5am crossing. Tablets were taken once again, along with a light early breakfast supplied by the hotel. We were now at the ready for the crossing. On this occasion, however,, there was no smart little yacht. Several of us were guided onto a vessel which carried both hotel guests and local families. This vessel had no outside seating area, only indoor bus type seating. All doors and windows were firmly closed, the interior reeked of fuel, and there was no air conditioning even though the temperature and humidity were extremely high. We were warned, before setting off, that the sea was very choppy and that it was almost always like this during night time crossings. We were given a safety talk by one of the boats crew and told that because the waves were particularly high, should we capsize and get pulled away from others we must always remember to keep using the whistle attached to life jackets kept under the seats. This information, in a locked boat surrounded by pitch darkness and surging waves did nothing to put our minds at ease. Within less than five minutes of the boat setting off I felt like I was about to pass out. Perspiration was pouring off us all and the strong smell of fuel in a confined space added to the discomfort. My husband barely managed to help me to the toilet before I started vomiting uncontrollably. To make matters worse, there was no light available in the toilet and barely any running water either. Result? Vomit all over me and the toilet area. A great start to a long journey back home involving two flights! I had to sit in this now filthy area for almost an hour, feeling that if I moved I might pass out as I was continuously being sick. Being doctors we knew only too well the reality of this possibly happening. As there was no light in the toilet, for safetys sake my husband had to keep the door propped open so that I was in view of others. Hardly a dignified sight, and no doubt unpleasant for others to see . However, I was so ill my main concern was not to pass out. We could see that others were also being sick, crew members handing out tissues and sick bags. Only one toilet on board meant others had to vomit at their seats. What a crossing! Never was I more thankful for a journey to end! Speaking to the Kuoni rep who met us at the airport, this was an all too familiar scenario. He voiced his concerns, saying Hilton Labriz really should supply a bigger and better boat, more able to withstand the often perilously rough nighttime crossing. People beware!

Other than the horrendous boat crossing, our holiday was everything we hoped it would be. Peace and tranquility are order of the day in this resort. We opted to pay a little extra for a beachside villa and boy are we pleased we did! Falling asleep and then waking up to the sound of those waves was heavenly. Just a few short steps from the terrace of our villa and we were in beautifully warm water. The lush vegetation added an extra dimention to the islands beauty. Wonderful flora and fauna everywhere one looked. Weather conditions (trade winds) meant limited snorkelling and diving, but swimming in the sea was utterly exhilarating. Walks along the narrow sandy beach were particularly relaxing. Seeing very few people felt almost as if it was our own private beach. The villa itself was wonderful. Excellently appointed with oversize bed (although a little too firm for my liking), comfortable seating and desk areas, plenty of storage space, LCD tv (never switched on in our case), handy little refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities. Best of all, however, was the view from our bed, through the sliding doors, past our terrace and out over the Indian Ocean. Magic! Those sunrises and sunsets were to die for.The bathroom was well appointed too, full height glass walls giving access to a small courtyard garden with outside shower. Inside were his and hers sinks, a walk in shower and a stand alone bath. Towels were plentiful and replenished at least twice per day as standard. Indeed the room attendants were particularly efficient in keeping everything clean and well stocked throughout our stay. Their smiles and greetings were always a pleasure.

The main buffet restaurant was where we chose to eat during much of our stay. We didnt feel at all inclined to eat Italian or Japanese food after having travelled all the way to The Seychelles. That cuisine could be had in any number of restaurants at home. The main buffet restaurant served an excellent variety of food at breakfast time and no less in the evening either. Whilst it was decent quality, being a real foodie meant I longed to taste real local Creole cuisine. It never ceases to amaze me how world class hotel chains rarely tap into local cuisine. Wish they would. We did try the supposedly Creole food at the Gran Kaz plantation house a few minutes walk from the resort but were very very disappointed and couldn't possibly recommend it. Whilst it was beautifully atmospheric sitting on a peaceful verandah listening to local music and the waves of the nearby ocean, the food and price left a lot to be desired. To add to our dissatisfaction, we'd barely finished our desert when the bill was brought to us and we were informed that a buggy had been requested to collect us for our return to the hotel.! Neither had been asked for by us!! We were effectively being pushed out after being there less than an hour. The service in the main buffet restaurant was better. Whilst a little haphazard at times and not overly polished, the staff' smiles and willingness to please was very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for either the chefs or the serving staff. The floor manager and the greeting hostess were particularly pleasant and professional. Their smiles and their attention to guests was impeccable.

Mention must be made of the sky high prices of everything at The Hilton Labriz. Whilst this is to be expected for food and drink having to be transported here, often from the Middle East, the high cost of certain other things simply can't be explained other than by the fact there's no competition on the island whatsoever. They've got you! We've stayed in several high end remote locations over the years but never have we met with such ridiculously high prices. We simply chose not go spend any more than that which was essential for our health and comfort ie we spent on carbonated water and that was about it really. Whilst not being at all stingy, we disliked being held to ransom! Choosing the half board plan was a very wise decision and made good economic sense without distracting from the pleasure of our holiday in any way whatsoever.

Overall, our stay at The Hilton Labriz was just what we'd hoped it would be ie escapism at its best. We've returned home, after a week of total relaxation, feeling that our batteries have been thoroughly re-charged. Would we recommend it to others? Absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Welsh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our reviewers’ perusal on Trip Advisor. Your concerns are well noted and I do apologize for the discomfort you experienced on the ever changing sea conditions.

Your insight of diesel smell and toilet light have been action by both Launch Section Manager and Chief Engineer.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A comfortable 40 minute sea crossing from Mahe. We were welcomed and after identifying luggage jumped board golf buggies for a tour of the complex. This was a little rushed but we soon found our own way round once we were on foot, later in the day.

By the time we were dropped off at our villas our luggage had already been delivered.

We had a Beach side villa ( recommended ) which had a back garden about 12 meters square, with loungers which lead to the beautiful soft sandy beach. - Lovely to walk along, particularly in the morning when our footprints were the first, on our way to breakfast.

Particularly noticeable was the number of staff, cleaners, maintenance and gardeners - all, without exception, made a point of making eye contact and greeting us, throughout our six night stay with a hello, good morning, good afternoon or have a nice evening.

Despite several al la carte specialist restaurants we did feel the need to venture from the main dining area for dinner as there was always plenty of tables free and good choice of themed meals. Food was a good standard and constantly refreshed rather than being left to dry under the heat lamps.

Service was always prompt willing and friendly.

Good gym and other facilities although we did not get to the Spa.

We managed some good strenuous walks to further a field beaches, through the rain forest.

Our villa cleaner was courteous and the very well appointed 'pad' was kept spotless.

After we'd returned from our stay in the Seychelles we had 'timed out' on the Hilton customer feed back survey. I took the trouble to send an e-mail to their customers services head in order to express just how much we'd enjoyed the experience.

We were made to feel that nothing would be too much trouble.

Room Tip: Beachfront Villa stunning. A 10 meter private yard with loungers leading to pristine soft sandy bea...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John,

It was pleasing to read that you found high level of service from all and that the team members made eye contact and greeted you daily.

I have passed your comments of praise to the Executive Chef & also to the Executive Housekeeper.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Dirty bath, terrible room service, patronizing and terse waiters at the restaurants and a very very amateur reception staff. The selection at the restaurant menus are weak as well. When we asked how we can go to the main Island Mahe the lady at the reception directly asked for my room number. When I told her I was just asking a question and not making a reservation for a transfer she told me "And I want to know who is asking the question!" Premium service right there. We booked a beachside villa with the honeymoon package but found ourselves in a room with a dirty bathtub and none of the treats of the honeymoon package. I spoke to the reception about the lack of honeymoon package and they told me it didn't show up with our reservation. In order to prevent any stress in my honeymoon I just asked them to upgrade my stay to a honeymoon package and put the cost to my room bill as extra, I thought I could settle the cost with my agency later. Despite my request and recurring visits to the reception they didn't do anything about it and sent us a bottle of wine and a fruit basket the night we were leaving. It was a very welcoming thing to do to give us this treat on our last night when we were packing our bags to leave after and after 4 days of struggle. If you are going to Seychells there are much better hotels like Constance Ephelia for honeymooners. Don't waste your money and your precious holiday/honeymoon here for the pretty promotional pictures you see.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
5  Thank Enis Can S

Dear Enis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our reviewers’ perusal on Trip Advisor. Your concerns are well noted and I do apologize for our shortcomings and for not meeting your expectations.
Attention to detail is high priority for me and unfortunately, you advise, we have fallen short of the mark.

I will definitely look into your comments to ensure best practices are put in place.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we wish you all the best on your marriage.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Hotel is worth every penny. Service is excellent and the staff are super nice. It is the place to relax and restore you energy , plus if you are a nature lover, well ThIS is definitely the place to retreat. A must place that you must visit ..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Pamela M
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for your positive comments and the understanding that Silhouette Island is a National Park. This Island is still 93% protected.
It was pleasing to read you found time to relax & restore your inner energy. I have passed your praises onto all my Department Mangers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silhouette Island
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island

Been to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!