“My favorite place here is the beach....”

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Teaneck, New Jersey
“My favorite place here is the beach....”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We didn't actually stay at this resort while we were in Seychelles. We went there for the day, so my review is based solely on what I experienced while I was there.

This Resort sits on Silhouette island which is about a 45 minute ferry ride. It was a pretty intense ride. I got a little seasick along the way, however I persevered.

Once we got there we took a nature walk,
which was more like a hike. Once we arrived to the top the view was absolutely amazing. We saw a cemetary from the 13th century with pirates and the most awesome view of a flawless beach area. The ocean was breathtaking from this point.

We then took a tour of the resort and I have to say the grounds were astonishing. The rooms and villas were very modern and up to date some even had private pools. Some rooms have oceanfront views right from the back of their villas. Definitely on my list of hotels to revisit!!

The beach with the granite boulders was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Pictures just don't do it justice.

To view more pictures you can visit my blog www.perfectbreezes.wordpress.com

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us.
It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your visit to our stunning resort.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you once more to our little paradise in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We travelled two families with 4 children (7 months infant, 5, 6 and 8 years old) and spend totally 8 days at the resort in beginning of Febr.2013. From the very first meeting at the airport you may recognize it all will be a little bit special :) Hospitality and smiling people around you recover your mood after long journey.
Many guests wrote bad opinions about the boat trip to the island. The reason is the boat is not ventilated with fresh air from outside. When you add rolling and pitching movements this will quickly make some more sensitive guest seasick. But the crew is always around you and take care. Don't worry, it is only 45min.
Meeting and introducing to the resort is quick, smooth and informative enough to begin your holidays. Villas are really impressive disregarding which one you choose. We had two garden villas connected with additional room which was excellent solution to accommodate our children. Garden surrounds you with silence and relaxing mood. There are only few steps to the beach which is exceptional, beautiful and quiet. A great place to spend whole day. Please do not stick very much to one place - walk and check other places along! You will not regret!
Food is simply great. You have wide selection covering expectations for 7-9 days. There is absolutely nothing to complain but enjoy. Take your time at the grill bar near to the pool!
Pool is small and simple but this is enough. I was surprised how much fun our kids had there.
Regarding the occupancy at the time was around 70% we were surprised the hotel, restaurants, pool and the beach were never crowded. This is big advantage of this place. It is simply created to let you relax. You are surrounded by nice pleople, chilling music, good food and only you need is a good book :)
We had really long travel to get there and return but very minute spent there was worth of it.
Ps. You might get bit irritated by microscopic ants visiting your room but just simply ask the stuff for help and make sure you don't leave and sweets on the desk :)
Ps2. I don't rate spa as it wasn't visited. But it looked interesting.

Room Tip: Choose any but if you travel with greater family go for garden double villa.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tomasz Z
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guests,

It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our stunning resort.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I never leave reviews for places I have visited but felt compelled to after visiting this hotel for our honeymoon at the end of January for a week.
It's a really classy place with top class service. The hotel- not in the traditional sense of the word as there aren't rooms at all here they are all villas- is perfectly situated. It overlooks north island and a stunning beach. Snorkelling is good in places particularly if it is safe enough to get past the breakers! I saw a ray here! We took a couple of walks with a guide around the island- if you are thinking about doing any walking take trainers. The walk to Anse Mondon is particularly challenging! The snorkelling trip we took was amazing-we spotted rays and turtles.
A couple of disappointing points: there were no glass kayaks- we were really looking forward to using those. We had our names down twice to go fishing but because of insufficient numbers it was twice cancelled-even though each of the 4 people booked on we're paying around £40 each for the trip.
Everything is also really expensive -£4 for a can of sprite/coke, each meal- one course with one drink about £30-£40 each! Take snacks with you and go half board!
Slightly disappointing not to have been wished happy honeymoon/congratulations by anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alicial L
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay.
It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We are grateful for your evaluation on our services & facilities and it feels great to know that our effort in delivering you unparalleled holiday experience is appreciated.

Considering the location of the island, the resort needs to import most of the products including the fuel from the Middle East and Europe since they are not readily available from Mahé. These rates are in comparable with the rates of the other 5 star properties in the country.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I spent a week in this hotel. Let me start with the one small reservation: the hotel is accessible only by boat (40' ride) and if the ocean is agitated, the ride is not the most comfortable one especially if a female passenger in traditional Arab dress tells you that ...she can not swim. Be that as it may, once there, you may leave all your concerns and worries behind. The hotel is very good indeed and the beach villa we rented reminded us of the Iru Fushi Hilton in the Maldives. Very comfortable, excellent and discreet room service not without a touch of humor manifested in the different funny and imaginative towel arrangements on our bed!!! The restaurants leave absolutely nothing to be desired both in terms of quality and in terms of variety. By low tide, swimming is essentially limited to the pool while by high tide you may admire,among others, wonderful sting rays in the lagoon!!
But the ...Oscar goes to the staff !! Smiling, helpful, polite, discreet without being indifferent and I can go on with superlatives but I guess you get the message.Without excluding anyone, I would like to stress how impressed I was by the efficiency and politeness of the female head of the reception.
Voilà!! To summarize: if the standard remains the same, I do not see how one can go wrong by choosing to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do not choose a villa with swimming pool, then go for a beach villa.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Konstantin A
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guests,

Warm greetings from Hilton Seychelles and a big Thank You for your review.

It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we all are very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time while exploring the true magic of our Hilton Resort and beautiful Island.

We are grateful for your evaluation on our team and services as it feels great to know that our effort in delivering an unparalleled holiday experience is appreciated. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Silhouette Island in the near future, please feel free to contact us should you require any assistance.

Best regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The place is amazing the room is outstanding. Staffs polite. I took the beach room and it was awesome. Perfect for couples, honeymoon...
Food was great as well.
There is not much to do in the island. Its like a lost paradise. Just for relax and have a very goos time.
Go for it!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Indiasey
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Simply amazing! Perfectly clean. You are able to hire bikes to go and explore the island. There is also a tortoise sanctuary to visit which is great. Wonderful food, rooms and service. Also there is a kids club opening from early hours. (Which could come in handy.) The staff are lovely. The beach is clean. Water is outstandingly clear blue. Lots of coral as you go further into the sea. Lots of big spiders!!! Always wave your hands around when walking through small outside area's to check for webs.considering its the only hotel resort on the island it has very high standards.
Overall I would rate this 4 1/2 stars. They charge a lot for certain things such as a can of come from the mini bar or pool bar is 80 rupees. Equivalent to £4.00. Where as in England a coke would cost about 50p to a pound. Very long flight so I wouldn't recommend going for a short amount of time.
When I stayed at the labriz resort, I stayed for 6 days and then got a ferry ride and stayed at the Constance aphelia for another 6 days. (For a change of scenery.)
There are a range or restaurants including the buffet which would be free to eat in( depending on the package you choose when you pay to stay.) There is a big pool, beach front villas have the beach in front of them. There are big stretches of beach in Many places so,if you don't have a beach villa, it's not a problem to just explore and find one.
One of the beaches is next to the pool/ beach bar, which is good.
The month I stayed here was their peak seasons, however before I arrived at the resort they had a tropical storm. Therefor the weather is unpredictable.
I highly recommend staying here though.

LRdale18.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank LRdale18
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and giving us your feedback.
It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our resort.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Innsbruck
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We (2 adult, one 17-year boy) stayed at Silhouette for 5 nights between Christmas and New Year. I was a bit sceptical because the hotel has twice as many villas that its sister Hilton in Mahe (which we like) and the basic room price is less and not so high for a Seychelles 5* hotel.
Indeed there were a few service glitches at the beginning (the typical very small ones, like having to call twice for getting more than one keycard. Nothing, really). From the second day on everything was absolutely perfect. We had only a garden villa (I am a diamond member but the hotel was full) but we liked it.
Everything is well laid out, the area is large (and the other guests quiet -:) ) and therefore sees so few people in the surroundings and even on the beach and and one feels like Robinson. The island is fantastic. I hope that it stays way and have the feeling that care is taken even as excursion options are being developed. By the way, I made a fool of myself going to Mouton Beach with slippery sneakers because I thought our nice guide and the people at the activity office were over-careful in describing the effort and time. I booked the 'return walking back' option. It WAS slippery and exhausing and it takes the announced 2+ hours. So, thanks that you had a space in the boat for returning -:)
The hotel can be described best as a 5* eco resort well suited for families. Service is high quality and everything is fine but THE attraction is the beach and the rest of the island and the hotel pleasantly steps back. Food and drinks are expensive but not more than in similar places. By the way, if I am not mistaken, Kate&William were honeymooning on the nearby island which is smaller but similar :-)
The management was always present for questions etc. and organized our departure very well despite a stormy sea. Special thanks to Anthony for discussing the pros and cons of being a hotel manager with our boy :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anthony Q, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedbacks during your stay at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our lovely resort.

Since we have taken over the management of the lovely resort we have done many positive changes with regards to the interior and exterior design, landscaping, menu engineering as well as the facilities and service level offered.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silhouette Island
Constance Ephelia
#6 of 35 in Mahe Island
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!