“Bien Être”

Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Crans-Montana, Switzerland
“Bien Être”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this resort for 10 days with family and friends, overall, a very pleasant stay.

I adored the fitness centre with state of the art machines and the sushi classes. Spent most of my time working out and learning to make sushi due to the preposterous weather! Was hoping to return to Italy with something similar to a tan but returned whiter than how I arrived.
Even though the service was extremely professional no member of the staff stood out or tried hard to exceed.

Noteworthy details:
-New Year's dinner consisted of an avalanche of delicacies beautifully placed on a buffet in the main dining hall.
-The Spa treatments were exceptional.

Enjoy this beautiful resort (hoping then weather will be on your side)

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Caterina C
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guests,

It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our resort.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Labriz resort & Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent two weeks on the Seychelles in 3 different 5 star Ressorts. We stayed at Silhouette 3 nights and to make it short: we were very disappointed.
The start is on Mahe where a nice jetty is waiting for you. The boat ride was ok, though very loud from the engine. The captain told me that there is a bigger and nicer boat but to save cost of fuel they use the smaller.

Check in on the island was weak: no welcome drink, we had to wait in the Lounge at the harbour till a buggy arrived to take us and other guests to our Villa. we booked a beach villa and this was really nice. No Robinson feeling though as the next villas are pretty close. The bathroom is huge and the outdoor shower nice. the beach is on your doorstep which makes it nice.

Restaurants are the weakest point of the Ressort, in particular the service. No wine service, we had to ask twice for new cutlery, very slow service overall. This was so different as in Kempinski where we spent the days before moving to labriz.

The breakfast was ok, but just ok. You really expect more from a 5 star resort.

The creole restaurant we tried the other night was a beautiful spot, the service slow again and the food at best mediocre.

The pool area is ok, they obviously are just about to refurbish here which is necessary.

The spa area is very nice, good massage, sauna and steam room, always clean with enough towels and water bottles.

All in all my impression is that this used to be a beautiful resort that suffers from the take over of an international chain. (Hilton) you do not get the impression that management is doing something to upgrade the service which is a pity. Our complaint at dinner about the service with the restaurant manager went by unheard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank thomas_muller_15
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and giving us your feedback during your stay with us. We were concerned to learn that our services and facilities were not up to your expectations. On the other hand we are grateful for your positive comments on our villas and spa facilities. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Seychelles Labriz resort & Spa and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future to live up to your expectations.

seychelles
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am myself a Seychellois but we went for 3 days honeymoon on silhouette after reading the reviews.really I'm amazed at the bad reviews,some people just cannot be pleased!complaining bout quality of bacon?we have people starving and dying for a drop Of milk.get a life! There are some places here in sey where services are not good,I have to admit,but our stay at labriz made us feel great and it reminded me of a time in the past when we use to say hi to everyone u meet!the staffs are very friendly,eager to please and service is fast...food is so yummy!even the guests were friendly:)I guess the whole atmosphere there made everyone happy!it was just another world..we were sick when we reaches there for first day,and the clinic doc n nurse were very nice..we stayed in 305,6-9 November n it was amazing villa!most Seychellois staff was very nice too:)I will definitely come again when my pocket allows me too:)

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank bonjour2004
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guests,

It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you were able to experience the true magic of the islands and take home with you many happy memories. We were very pleased to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay in our lovely resort.

We are grateful for your evaluation on our services & facilities and it feels great to know that our effort in delivering you unparalleled holiday experience is appreciated.

Manchester
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights after visiting Zanzibar and Tanzania.
Beautiful hotel on the island with really good restuarants. If not full board then can be a bit pricey since there are no shops on the island so everything is marked up by the Hilton brand.

The transfer was smooth, with check-in done on the main island before the 25-30min bout ride across to the island.

We had a sea view room, which was perfect. It meant in the morning we would open the door and could literally walk onto the beach.
The swimming pool was one of the nicest infinity pools I've seen, with good service by all the staff.
Our room cleaner was very good and even ran us a bath one evening whilst we were out with rose petals, which was a nice surprise to come back to.

The outside shower was amazing and something my wife used instead of the standard bathroom one - made it feel like a real paradise feel and something we've not experienced at previous destinations.

The Teppanyaki restaurant was really good, and make sure you have an empty stomach before you go there!

Would recommend this resort to any couple - was quiet and exclusive but just what we wanted for our honeymoon!

Room Tip: Go for the beach view room, as it gives you the feel of having your own private beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wesoline
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guests,

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we look forward to welcoming you back on your wedding anniversary to Silhouette island.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent one of the most beautiful vacations of our life (so far) on that island. It was our honeymoon and we've spent a lot of time searching for the right hotel to stay in. After weeks of search and also by very detailed consultation of TripAdvisor's page, which we found very helpful..we decided for Hilton Labriz and we will never regret it.
It is good to be prepared for what is waiting for you..but I will tell you...Nothing can even nearly describe the beauty of this place. Nature here really does it all. It is wonderful that it is a remote island with only this facility on it,..it is completely immersed in nature, the policy here is Eco-friendly, sustainable truism and they really put a big issue on nature preservation. We loved it. If you dream of being immersed in almost unspoiled nature, beautiful jungle, amazing animals. This is a place for you.We loved it so much that it can only be described as heaven on Earth.
The plus is also that it is completely secluded, you will really enjoy the peace and quiet, nobody will disturb you, few people on the beach, amazing coral reef, 100% relaxation. In this rush that all of us live it is a divine resort to get you nerves a REAL vacation.You will come form this holiday so relaxed that you will never want to leave.
I would like to point out a few things that I've read in previous reviews. Some I found very helpful but some were really silly. So I would like to share my point of view on few things:

- It was told that the furniture is poor. --- Well, I agree on that. The furniture does not adequate for a five star hotel (or wannabe 5 star hotel) Some pieces are very worn out though they doesn't seem very old. It is clear that they have been a little ''cheep'' while purchasing the furniture for the whole resort and now it shows out. Very sorry for that,..because it subtracts some excellence to the resort. If I were the Hilton,..I would sew the supplier. No question on that.

- it was told that the jetty (boat) transfer to Silhouette is very bumpy and unpleasant.
Well, it depends mainly on the sea conditions. We were lucky when we arrived (and we used the jetty one more time to go to Mahe), the sea was so calm, that we could sleep the whole transfer time to Silhouette without problems. I have a very sensitive stomach and I get sea sick very frequently, but NOT on this jetty. My advice to all the guests would be,..if you know that you are vulnerable to sea sickness, JUST TAKE A PILL half an hour before, for precaution instead of complaining afterwards about how rough the ride was. It is a simple solution, why not using it? And more, think that the ride lasts only 35 minutes, which is not a big deal. And secondly YOU ARE RIDING ON THE OCEAN, it is nothing like riding on sea. You should consider that. And last, if you really want to know what a bumpy ride really looks like try the cat-o-coco ride to Praslin, it lasts an hour and on a wavy sea,..you would feel like being put in a washing machine for centrifuge. Or even more like riding the roller-coaster and not just for a few minutes,..but whole hour. That's bumpy, not the Mahe- Silhouette transfer.

- Some guests complained about the staff and service... Well dear Sir's I didn't find anything at all that I could complain about. The staff was very friendly, quite well trained, helpful at all times, very polite,..and specially the chambermaids, waiters and gardeners were very VERY hard working. The service was OK, not excellent, but still very fine. I noticed that the personnel is adequately trained, but there is one thing you should consider..the big majority of this persons have never been outside the Seychelles and perhaps never seen a five star hotel in Europe , America or in the UAE or Saudi Arabia. They try, and they really put in practice what they've been taught, but one thing is just theory and the other thing is a personal experience of what it looks like elsewhere. It is also a cultural difference, try to imagine that you live your whole life on those islands where life goes on a different speed and state of mind as on wall street or cities like London, Berlin, Rome or any other city in West. It is not the same. Try to cope with that. When you travel somewhere try to understand their nature and not impose your way of thinking to everybody around you. You are on vacations, relax. Some guests (thanks god just a little minority of them) don't treat the staff as a serving personeel, who is there to make their stay pleasant, but as SLAVES that should do whatever the guest pleases even respond to the most awkward requests. Because they think that because they've payed a lot for the stay, they are entitled to do whatever they want. Please be polite to the staff, they should be respected as any other person.

- The high prices for anything extra. Yes, the resort is expensive specially for drinks,is you want to have a bottle of vine you should take a mortgage on your house :-) It was funny to see Italian and French wines which I can by for 2-3 Euros in my country, rated for 150-200 Euros per bottle. That's insane! One bottle of water costs around 6 EURO!! But on the other hand,..in all big European touristic cities, you will pay exactly the same, specially near tourist attractions. My advice is to consume things wisely, to look up the prices every time and to make your calculations, so you want be disappointed when the final check comes. But, the resort is divided in basically two types of tourists, the honeymooners with a certain travel budget and the others, who don't care if the bill is up to 15.000 dollars. My advice to everyone like ma and I think the majority of travelers with a limited budget to spend on vacation. Do as you do anywhere else: calculate the prices, spend wisely, keep in mind how much have you already spent and obey the conditions of cancellation policy, if you don't want to have bad surprises,..like everywhere else. We enjoyed everything,..from the most expensive massages, yoga, meditation, to wonderful cocktails every now and then, to wonderful trips, cruises and island hoping and we've only spent like 700€ in 10 days time for everything. It always depends on you how much you spend. Take half board, we recommend it :-)

This was a wonderful experience for me and my husband, we will definitely come back some time. Thanks to all the wonderful staff and persons who made our journey so memorable. We felt like in paradise, pampered by everything and everyone. Falling asleep by the sound of the ocean was really wonderful. I can still hear them. Cherish the nature like you do. It is amazing. And never forget that it is the nature and the place itself that gives the five star to this resort and all the other luxury it needs,..without this heavenly nature, which thanks God is well protected, this would be just another mediocre high class (4 star) resort. Nature really does it all.
Thank you Hilton Labriz Seychelles, for such a wonderful and unforgettable honeymoon. ou made our memories really special.

Room Tip: Take the beachfront villa, it is worth of the extra money. Every cent! Choose the half board if you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Neva F
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedbacks during your stay at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Once again, thank you for your inputs and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday to the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa.

Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We took a chance and stayed at the Hotel for a week prior to moving to the Meridien on Mahe. Well having read so many good reviews I must admit it was one of the best Hotels I have stayed at. Having been living and staying at the top hotels in the world for over 25 years. The rooms are wonderful and the outside shower in the garden a delight. The beaches are so quiet and you can really wind down. The setting is great and the island fun to explore. The Jungle area very humid. Fruit bats in their Black and Brown Armani outfits with the heads of small dogs wrap themselves in the trees and the whole island is covered by beautiful faurna and flora. The snorkeling is fun within the reef that is about a 100 meters from the beach. Food well! not overly exceptional but that was before it had become a Hilton. So I cannot advise on this aspect.

Room Tip: Get near the beach.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Shakhzoda, Manager at Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Derby
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed on Mahe a number of times and looked over at Silhouette Island and wondered what it was like. This year we visited for a 3 night stay following our trip to Denis. We took the boat transfer which was handled well with a good facility at Bel Ombre on Mahe providing food and drink whilst you wait for the boat. The ride out was fine but it was pretty rough coming back 3 days later.

We stayed in a beachfront villa which was really well appointed and right on the beach. The sea was good for swimming at high tide but too shallow over the reef at low tide. It is quite a big ribbon development which meant a long walk to get anywhere. It's unavoidable - the island is extremely steep right down to close to the sea in most places. It's a beautiful island and there are some nice easy walks and some very difficult ones over the mountains (we didn't try these). It's worth going on a boat trip round the island to appreciate how wild it really is.

The service and food were OK but nowhere near as good as the much smaller Denis Island. It seemed like an American hotel planted on a tropical island - which is what it is. On the plus side, everything worked, and the climate control in the room was by far the best I have seen in Seychelles. There is wi-fi but there is little bandwidth. This is a common problem on small Seychelles islands.

Some of the staff seemed keen to get a recommendation rather than just providing good service as part of their job.

Room Tip: Try to get one a moderate distance from the resort centre unless you like a long walk for everything...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We take into consideration each comment and suggestion and we value your satisfaction and patronage. As for Creolization, we do position ourselves as influenced by Creole touch. For example, Grann Kaz restaurant is located in the old plantation house with authentic creole cuisine or else our Turn Down / Turn On as well as Sleep Well amenities are made from the plants growing on Silhouette Island and oil produced in the Seychelles.

Since we have taken over the management of the lovely resort we have done many positive changes with regards to the interior and exterior design, landscaping, menu engineering as well as the facilities and service level offered.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silhouette Island
#7 of 35 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,334 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!