We stayed for 1 week at the Hilton Labriz and I am so glad we didn't stay longer. 5 days would have been plenty in hind sight.
OK - the plus points - the spa was very good, although there was a mix up on my first appointment, I asked for 1030, they told me 1045. i arrived at 0900 to use facilities and asked several members of staff will I be collected and each time they said yes, eventually at 1050 a spa member found me and told me I was late! Anyway, after a stressful start the massage was excellent and i used the facility once more after.
Breakfast and dinner at buffet rest - was ok, good choices and always replensihed when running low.
Sakura - excellent - our favourite restaurant, service and food good.
I read all reviews before going and thought well it is a 5 star secluded resort it will of course be a bit more expensive, however i was not prepared for just how expensive. £5 approx for a can of coke! We also never received happy hour prices despite it being advertised, service all round was NOT exceptional, one of the waitresses at gran kaz was so miserable we only stayed 40 mins and did not go back. It was our anniversary and a special birthday for me during our week, yet the hilton made no effort to make anything special.
Whilst this may be advertised as a 5 start resort, it certainly isn't 5 star service. There really wasn't anything special at all, we have travelled far and wide and had better service in less rated hotels. There were no extras', no nice little touches or any personal service, it lacked personality and our visit was not made personal at any time, we were simply just another hotel guest. I have seen the hiltons responses to all feedback however it does not appear that they are willing to take on board feedback and make small changes.
We did not go mad or overboard with anything, we couldn't afford to, but still spent £1500 in 1 week, we ate lunch once! this spoilt it for us and tarnished our holiday. The ferry crossing is awful and again times of ferry to suit the hotel, we were flying to Mauritius after staying here and our flight was at 1520, yet the hotel insisted we got the 0500 ferry rather than the 1100 ferry which meant we had 6 hours wait at their 'harbour' for our pick up. they said we couldn't get the 11 ferry as we would not make our flight in time due to traffic in the city, yet we got picked up at around 1135 and saw the ferry coming over the sea, so we would have made it! Why they couldn't put in a 0900 ferry crossing also, or even provide more regular ferry crossings full stop.
Over all not an exceptional experience, not 5 star, very expensive and not value for money. We went on to the Sands resort in Mauritius which is a 4 star resort and OMG the difference in service was amazing, little touches like free frozen drinks by the pool, chocolates left at turn down service, free snacks, ice creams, a cake with sparklers for my birthday (albeit 1 day before we arrived) and a number of other nice touches.....all given freely and with a smile and a chat to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
In comparison at the Hilton, we settled our bill the night before we left and at 0430 on the day of departure they had the cheek to tell us we had not paid for a can of coke! REALLY- After spending £1500 you'd have thought that they would have let us have a can of coke....another couple on said they had the same, spent £2000 and they closed their bill ad on departure were made to pay for 1 chocolate bar......not good. I am sorry we went, it was a special occasion and was not made special in any way.
Think twice, is the only advice i will give.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is nestled on the famous white sand shore of Silhouette Island surrounded by lush jungle, magnificent mountains and a rich cultural heritage.Discover a wealth of choice in an idyllic setting. Savour Créole specialties and the freshest locally-caught seafood at our seven restaurants and bars. Tone up in the high-tech Fitness Centre or dive into a 5-star PADI training course. For ultimate bliss,experience the rejuvenating rituals of Silhouette Spa. We are delighted to welcome you to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa and hope to make your stay effortless, happy and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort And Spa
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Hotel Silhouette Island
- Super 8 Mahe Island
- Labriz Silhouette Mahe Island