I wrote a very scathing review back in 2012 on this hotel, due to such a bad start to the holiday. I have tried to edit it several times, or make an additional comment, but don't seem able to.
Upon reading my review, while we were still at the hotel, the management made it their priority to make our stay a more pleasant one and they achieved this, and more. Their resort 'nature' guy, Charles took us on a fantastic, exhilarating (and bloody dangerous - but thrilling) walk around the entire island. We were treated much better and did start to notice improvements. We did go on the trip to tortoise island which was AMAZING!!! If you got to St Annes, you must go to the tortoise island, you will be amazed.
We left feeling like we had been on a luxury holiday. It was a bad start, but I can not fault the hotel and staff on sorting this out and making our stay truly wonderful. I can't quite give it a 5/5 as it still needs improvements, but I can certainly recommend this resort.
My recommendation would be to research your room type though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One island, one resort in Seychelles If you are dreaming of a luxury holiday in the Seychelles, choose the Sainte Anne Island, a Beachcomber hotel set on an exclusive private island. Sainte Anne Island is undeniably one of the finest hotels in the Seychelles and an ideal choice for couples and honeymooners. An optional all-inclusive package offers you carefree holidays from the moment you arrive until the day of departure. Accommodation is in 87 private villas, 29 of which have private pools. All are set on a 220-hectare private island, surrounded by one of the largest marine parks in the Indian Ocean. Sainte Anne Island blends seamlessly with nature. Lazy days can be spent discovering the island's natural delights. On the pristine beaches, strewn with granite rocks, the only footsteps that you will see will be your own... Colourful bougainvilleas, frangipane trees, hibiscuses and palm trees blend in with the original vegetation. Immerse yourself in an island of dreams and sensual pleasures. Superb cuisine is served in the resort's four restaurants*, which include three beach restaurants to add to the enjoyment of your holiday in the Seychelles. Sainte Anne Island has paid a great deal of attention to its leisure facilities. Nestled in an idyllic tropical setting, the Spa by Clarins is a spacious sanctuary for the body and mind. The resort also has a sports & leisure centre. In the crystal-clear waters of the marine park, a colourful kingdom of sea-life is ready to be explored. The underwater kaleidoscope of colours, shapes and slants of light swirls with innumerable fish species while spectacular corals, sea anemones and algae act as a fascinating stage set. Departing from the sports centre, three different treks invite you to discover the many facets of Sainte Anne Island under the guidance of the qualified staff. Another plus is Sainte Anne's location, just 10 minutes away by boat from Mahe, making it a convenient stepping-stone for island hopping in the Seychelles. *The hotel reserves the right to close up to two restaurants throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Beachcomber Seychelles Sainte Anne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sainte Anne Resort And Spa
- Sainte Anne Hotel Sainte Anne Island
- Sainte Anne Island Hotel
- Sainte Anne Island Resort