With two small kids (3 &1) and a limited amount of family holidays a year, we really expect our holidays to be well planned and smoothly run. St Anne by all accounts should based on all the reviews received here be top notch and worthy of a five star rating, however as regular visitors to various Indian Ocean islands, we expect a certain level of service that we've come to expect of a 5 star resort. The Mauritian staff are actually the saving grace of an otherwise mediocre service from locals, with many lost in interpretation moments or "I forgot" incidences. Rooms are good and very well maintained and kept, but attention to detail is lacking especially in room service and housekeeping. Restaurants are very good, with quality and variety brilliant. The all inclusive package makes sense, but choice of drinks is limited to local brands. Normally this would be ok, but if you are catering to a very world clientele, it would make sense to have more recognized brands on offer even if it was "extra". The kids club lacks toys or "friendly" staff hence in the two weeks that we were there - no parents trusted the club manager to leave their kids there. I would suggest beachcomber investigate what is the real problem with the kids club. Resort activities are good, but with detoriating quality of equipment, one struggles to find usable sports equipment. Gym is fantastic and well maintained. Beaches are also fantastic, but do need to be swept each day to keep the abundance of seaweed away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One island, one resort in Seychelles If you are dreaming of a luxury holiday in the Seychelles, choose the Sainte Anne Island, a Beachcomber hotel set on an exclusive private island. Sainte Anne Island is undeniably one of the finest hotels in the Seychelles and an ideal choice for couples and honeymooners. An optional all-inclusive package offers you carefree holidays from the moment you arrive until the day of departure. Accommodation is in 87 private villas, 29 of which have private pools. All are set on a 220-hectare private island, surrounded by one of the largest marine parks in the Indian Ocean. Sainte Anne Island blends seamlessly with nature. Lazy days can be spent discovering the island's natural delights. On the pristine beaches, strewn with granite rocks, the only footsteps that you will see will be your own... Colourful bougainvilleas, frangipane trees, hibiscuses and palm trees blend in with the original vegetation. Immerse yourself in an island of dreams and sensual pleasures. Superb cuisine is served in the resort's four restaurants*, which include three beach restaurants to add to the enjoyment of your holiday in the Seychelles. Sainte Anne Island has paid a great deal of attention to its leisure facilities. Nestled in an idyllic tropical setting, the Spa by Clarins is a spacious sanctuary for the body and mind. The resort also has a sports & leisure centre. In the crystal-clear waters of the marine park, a colourful kingdom of sea-life is ready to be explored. The underwater kaleidoscope of colours, shapes and slants of light swirls with innumerable fish species while spectacular corals, sea anemones and algae act as a fascinating stage set. Departing from the sports centre, three different treks invite you to discover the many facets of Sainte Anne Island under the guidance of the qualified staff. Another plus is Sainte Anne's location, just 10 minutes away by boat from Mahe, making it a convenient stepping-stone for island hopping in the Seychelles. *The hotel reserves the right to close up to two restaurants throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Beachcomber Sainte Anne Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sainte Anne Resort And Spa
- Sainte Anne Hotel Sainte Anne Island
- Sainte Anne Island Hotel
- Sainte Anne Island Resort