My wife and I booked to stay at Sainte Anne earlier on in the year. We had read some of the Trip Advisor reviews, and were a little worried if we had made the right decision...if you are having the same thoughts, then believe me when I say, do not take any notice of those reviews. This resort is exactly what it says on the tin...rest, relaxation, quality service and luxury surroundings. From the moment we stepped foot on the island, all the staff were very friendly and courteous, they remembered our names after the first day, which added that nice personalised touch. Karen was there to meet us and show us round the resort, very friendly and made sure that we knew if there was anything at all we needed to make our stay even better, to just ask her. We booked in at the different restaurants when we arrived, this is recommended as they get booked up very fast. Our personal choice would be Le Mont Fleuri, we did also eat at Le Robinson, very rustic feel and you literally are sat on the beach which makes for a brilliant photo opportunity. We ate the majority of the time at the buffet (L’Abondance) and this always had a superb range of food, they have speciality nights, ranging from Creole to Seafood to International. My advice is for your eyes not to be bigger than you belly, as the desserts are delicious, so make sure you don't fill yourself up on the mains. Special mention goes to Joanne who was the friendliest out of all staff in that restaurant. She would make a point to come over and say hello, even if we were not sat in the area she was waiting on. She would remember my wife's favourite cocktail which was a nice personal touch.
Villa was very spacious, nice surroundings and good size. Don't go expecting all plasma TVs and electronic gadgets, this is not what this resort is about...there isn't even a clock in your room which adds to the whole rest and relaxation aim of the island. DVD player which plays region 2 discs is in the room, choice of TV channels limited so take some films or something if you aren't one for sitting in the bar all night.
Word of warning: my wife suffered very badly from insect bites whilst staying on the island. Obviously this isn't the resort's fault, but I wanted to add this in, so that anybody staying here will come prepared with insect repellant and bite cream for the night time. My wife had a bad reaction, and the staff were very attentive, offering to call for a nurse, and giving us different bite cream that may help.
In summary, a picture postcard resort that is second to none for location and beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One island, one resort in Seychelles If you are dreaming of a luxury holiday in the Seychelles, choose the Sainte Anne Island, a Beachcomber hotel set on an exclusive private island. Sainte Anne Island is undeniably one of the finest hotels in the Seychelles and an ideal choice for couples and honeymooners. An optional all-inclusive package offers you carefree holidays from the moment you arrive until the day of departure. Accommodation is in 87 private villas, 29 of which have private pools. All are set on a 220-hectare private island, surrounded by one of the largest marine parks in the Indian Ocean. Sainte Anne Island blends seamlessly with nature. Lazy days can be spent discovering the island's natural delights. On the pristine beaches, strewn with granite rocks, the only footsteps that you will see will be your own... Colourful bougainvilleas, frangipane trees, hibiscuses and palm trees blend in with the original vegetation. Immerse yourself in an island of dreams and sensual pleasures. Superb cuisine is served in the resort's four restaurants*, which include three beach restaurants to add to the enjoyment of your holiday in the Seychelles. Sainte Anne Island has paid a great deal of attention to its leisure facilities. Nestled in an idyllic tropical setting, the Spa by Clarins is a spacious sanctuary for the body and mind. The resort also has a sports & leisure centre. In the crystal-clear waters of the marine park, a colourful kingdom of sea-life is ready to be explored. The underwater kaleidoscope of colours, shapes and slants of light swirls with innumerable fish species while spectacular corals, sea anemones and algae act as a fascinating stage set. Departing from the sports centre, three different treks invite you to discover the many facets of Sainte Anne Island under the guidance of the qualified staff. Another plus is Sainte Anne's location, just 10 minutes away by boat from Mahe, making it a convenient stepping-stone for island hopping in the Seychelles. *The hotel reserves the right to close up to two restaurants throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beachcomber Seychelles Sainte Anne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sainte Anne Hotel Sainte Anne Island
- Sainte Anne Resort And Spa
- Sainte Anne Island Hotel
- Sainte Anne Island Resort