“Pretty Good But Not Perfect”

Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glenmont
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed at this suburban Albany motel for four nights, having a generally positive, but not perfect experience. The King bedroom was clean, quiet and adjacent to the entrance area with a tall refrigerator, the latter not being something we had ever experienced before. The room faced the motel parking lot which was generally quiet as opposed to the opposite side of the motel facing the Thruway,. The staff were friendly, particularly the front desk and breakfast room attendant and the facilities were complete, including a two-washer / dryer laundry room that was immaculate.

One disturbing feature, however, was the smallish breakfast buffet room. It was so crowded one morning near closing time, that we were forced to go to an outside diner and spend $30 for breakfast. For a motel with two stories, you'd think they would have a bigger breakfast area.

All in all, it was an enjoyable stay, but lack of eating space was annoying, and costly to us.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Thruway side of the motel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for a "pretty good" review of the hotel. I am actually quite glad that you mentioned the small breakfast room, as we are just a couple of months away from expanding it! As you may have noticed, we are renovating the entire property right now and the breakfast room is soon. I am so sorry that you had to find a local diner and spend money on breakfast. I'm sure on your next visit you will be quite pleasantly surprised by what we've done. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

So between the two we chose Comfort Inn. We were aware of renovations and as other reviewers have commented, effort is made to keep the inconveniences to a minimum. We were assigned a new room but to get there you had to pass thru areas under construction. Hallways had an odor. Only one elevator and if you are in a wing at the other end of the building, the walk is long! Room was small and somewhat dusty; maybe due to the upgrading and not a result of poor housekeeping. The bathroom is also small and stocked with thin towels - only 2 bath towels were given. Room doors slam shut loudly which are quite annoying and interfere with relaxing and sleep. The breakfast is the usual but the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Yes, the renovations can cause some different odors and certainly some excess dust but there shouldn't have been anything in your guest room that shows we're under construction. I do apologize about that and hope that you find your way back to our hotel next time you're down this way because, I'm sure, once the renovation is complete, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay with us!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed in this comfort inn for a softball tournament. I have to say in the past 2 years we have stayed in numerous comfort inns, clarions and holiday express hotels. This place was by far the worst. They screwed up the reservations, overbooked the hotel, had rooms with horrific odor, flying insects, stains, and filthy carpets. Our room, though odor free, felt very damp. I wouldn't let the kids set anything on the floor or walk barefoot. The breakfast was acceptable at best only because there was fresh fruit, cereals, and bread. Most concerning was the fact that there is no manager on site on a Saturday? I would think with all the weekend activities surrounding this area, and the fact it was overbooked (as we were told by all the staff), someone with authority would be there assisting on weekends. Instead the poor staff has to take notes, make calls, and wait for a response. I understand this is a hotel in the process of renovations but.... there was no excuse for these conditions.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for your review of our property and my apologies to you and your family for the terrible experience you had with us. As the GM of such a busy hotel that is in the midst of a major renovation, I still try to take one day off. ;) That being said, I would absolutely love to discuss your stay with you on a one on one basis. TripAdvisor is a brilliant platform for travelers to share their experiences on but not so great for managers to deal with complaints on. Please do reach out to me and I'm sure we can work together to come to a resolution.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I just got married in Coxsackie, NY and all of the local hotels were booked up for my guests. Comfort Inn was about a half hour away so we called them to find out avails and I had the pleasure of talking to the wonderfully accommodating, Ashley Hanna. She was so helpful throughout the 6 months I was planning my wedding. She secured a room block and consistently kept me up to date on the amount of rooms that were booked. Knowing all of your guests will have a place to stay can be a stressful thing and Ashley alleviated any worry I had. She was kind and buttoned up and very professional. Two days after my wedding she even emailed me to say congratulations on my marriage and that she loved meeting my mom when she dropped off the guest gift bags. So sweet. If you are looking for a hotel in the area, Ashley is your gal! Thank you again Comfort Inn for making my wedding day so great!

Room Tip: Ask to speak to Ashley Hanna! She knows everything and will be all over any questions or requests yo...
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel, services, and, especially, Ashley. We couldn't be more proud of the work she does here and both her and the hotel are so grateful to you for recognizing her. Congratulations to you and your groom and best of luck!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Although your hotel was in repairs and upgrading our stay was fantastic. We were tired from a busy couple of days but we all fell asleep quite fast and all had a great nights sleep!! The rooms were upgraded and clean! Breakfast staff were very friendly and although because it was Sunday morning and crowded she kept food filled and accommodated us for what ever we needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for a really great review of your experience with us. I appreciate that you noted our renovation and how it wasn't even a factor in your comfort. We have obviously been putting a lot of work into upgrading the hotel and are also upgrading the breakfast selection (and the breakfast dining area soon too!). Thanks, again for the review and we'll see you soon...

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Excellent staff,very friendly and helpful. Hotel and rooms clean and well maintained. Cozey and comfortable, not small. Free Complimentary breakfast had a excellent varity to meet any taste. Parking was spacious and large enough to accommodate 18 wheelers away from cars. One part of the Hotal has smokeing rooms but these are sectioned off by glass doors to that corridor. I stayed in a non-smoking room with no smke odor at all. Very fresh.Linen was clean and fresh. I felt at home for the two nights I was there. I would and probably will stay again.

Room Tip: Just communicate your wishes and desires to the staff and I'm sure they will accommodate tou.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for an outstanding review of our hotel, our staff, and our employees. We are most grateful for your very kind words. We are also extremely excited to let you and everyone reading this review that our renovation has begun and we are in the midst of a project that will see changes and updates made to our guest rooms, restaurant and bar, swimming pool, breakfast dining area, and even our lobby! We hope to see you here again real soon...

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed two nights, The room was comfortable, the heater very good... and we needed it!
The staff were pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast was basic but in good supply with a variety of choices. The breakfast room staff made folks feel like family. We didnt try the Pub although it looked inviting as we were visiting with folks with young children . one of the chain restaurants close by was a good option. It is an older facility but is in line for refurbishing, still the people were great! i only gave the cleanliness a four because in an older place its hard to have everything look spotless but it was clean!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt C, Manager at Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you so much for such a positive and realistic review of our hotel. I appreciate the truth in responses on this site...and I'm sure the readers do too. As you mentioned, we definitely do have our renovation taking place. Slowly but surely, you, and everyone will see major change here. Once complete, it will be exciting to hear your thoughts upon your return. Thank you, again for the review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenmont
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area

Been to Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont? Share your experiences!