“Friendly Folks & Good Facilities”

Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glenmont
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel did na excellent job hosting our reunion. Arranged for a catered dinner and special prices. Nice bar and restaurant that is not open every night. Easy access from Thruway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Occasionally, I've stayed at a Comfort Inn Brand hotel that wasn't a good experience, so I'm always a little anxious when choosing this brand in an unknown/new location. This hotel was one which makes me again feel positive about the brand. The hotel is very easy access from I-87. Curb appeal is great. When I first went to my room, the hallway (and it is a LONG hallway) seemed slightly worn and outdated, so I didn't know what to expect in my room. The room was great! It was clean - no dust to be found anywhere, and the fridge was sparkling white on the inside, in fact, the little freezer had been recently defrosted, which is a good sign that the staff takes care of the guest rooms! My bed was as comfortable as any hotel bed.

The front desk associate - Nickie - was amazing! She was bubbly and made me feel like she was personally happy that I'd chosen to stay with her. I watched her with other guests as well, and she made each and every one of them feel special! She accommodated my request for extra in-room coffee with a smile and was helpful with dining options, directions, etc. Being a road warrior of sorts (I travel for business occasionally), she was one of the best customer service examples out there.

The free breakfast was more than adequate in food selections. I didn't appreciate the obvious placement of a tip basket with 2 dollar bills draped over it by the trash receptacle. I do appreciate the service at hotels and tip appropriately, but I didn't care for being "silently asked" to give a tip, especially since the attendant didn't offer me any type of personal service.

One negative about the hotel is that the lobby is at one end of a long building, and if you're at the other end (as I was), it's a long, long walk to the front desk, the pool, business center, breakfast room, etc. which are all just off the lobby. I was also slightly disappointed that the only vending machine that offered bottled water was out of order on the weekend I was here, but that was just a fluke, I'm sure.

One thing that was missing from my guest room was a printed TV channel directory. I even looked in the guest room directory for it. This makes it difficult for a 'stranger' to know what channels certain shows are on.

I would recommend this hotel for clean, comfortable rooms and for great front desk service. I would return to this hotel again, though I would now know to ask for a room near the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Being a regular guest at this motel has me wondering if I really enjoy staying there.
This is the best place for me when I visit family members. It's ten minutes from the family.
The people at the desk are very nice but the rooms are outdated. I realized that some of the rooms have been rennovated but it still seems outdated.
The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, the complimentary breakfast is nice the ususal breakfast foods. Bagels, donuts, toast, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, juice, fruit. Very nice to get your day started but it runs from 6am to 9am.
The air quality in the rooms isn't that great. The base heater/a/c is loud. The refrigerator in the rooms is a good thing. The bathrooms are clean the amenities in them are few with a sign that if you need anything you can purchase them at the desk.
The entrance into this motel is easy going in if you're coming from the south but difficult if you have to go north. This motel is five minutes from a delicious diner and a variety store.
It's 20 mins from Albany,NY and 10 mins for a Walmart or Applebees.
The lobby is clean and welcoming. The hallways are dark and the smell of cleaners is throughout the lobby. It's a non smoking motel but the truck drivers and guests smoke outside the entrance to the rooms and the odor permeates throughout the halls.
I would recommend staying here if it's a short stay.
It's not the Hilton or Marriott but it's clean. No room service but they have menus in the rooms for take out. 9W is a few feet away and that has restaurants along the road.
As I said in the beginning of this review it is convenient for me to stay there but I wish they would paint the rooms and change the bedspreads from 1980's gold to a color that would brighten up the rooms.
On a scale of one to ten I give this motel a 6.5

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

For the $ 98 a night stay the room was a bit worn and outdated, Especially the circa 1995 20 inch fuzzy TV. The beds were clean and comfortable and I would recommend this hotel for a stopover stay. The breakfast was fine but I would keep away from the rubbery microwaved egg patties :(. Front desk staff was very friendly and the room was available when we arrived a little early. Pool area was clean but the hot tub/spa when turned on produced a two foot high bubble wave. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MisterMet
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I currently Have four men Staying here, plus myself. We spend several weeks here a year. last night I had a customer here for one night, he travels around the world with recent stays in Canada, Sadi Arebia, and Hong Kong, And he was very pleased with Nikkie and Bonty in sales. Ihave worked with these two for several years and they make me and my men feel at home. Sandra serves us dinner and drinks with a smile. There are hotels closer to the job but DMS stayes here because of these individuals that go out of thier way to make our stay more comfortable.
A massage therapist would not hurt.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed on two spearate nights in early October. Both 2nd floor rooms were large and fully furnished, with queen beds, two comfortable chairs, low table, desk, good lighting. Some furnishings were a bit worn, but nothing extreme. The only notable deficiencies were in the baths: towels were quite worn and neither bath was as clean as they could have been. It wasn't a major problem, but the cleaning staff probably are not taking long enough to do a thorough job or maybe they need new glasses.
Otherwise, the hotel is a standard Comfort Inn. Breakfast is fairly good for variety; eggs & sausage, cereals, pastry, waffles, yogurt. The staff was all very efficient and pleasant. The hotel was quiet at night, even though nearly full. Prices were reasonable by Albany area standards. We'd possibly stay again but would check other options first.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

stayed here while visiting relatives in nearby Delmar. The place was clean and staff friendly. Rooms were nice with 2 double beds and 4 soft pillows on each bed.. Breakfast was good consisting of bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, do it yourself waffles, juices, coffee, and danish. Simple to get to, minutes from exit 23 off of the NYS Thruway.I would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenmont
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
5 mi away
CrestHill Suites Albany
CrestHill Suites Albany
#17 of 50 in Albany

Been to Comfort Inn Albany / Glenmont? Share your experiences!