“Impressed by Roberts professionalism” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunny Trail Guide

Sunny Trail Guide
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in La Digue Island
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm Robert Agnes, 33 years old, born and brought up on La Digue. I'm a licensed tour guide with insurance coverage for my clients. I love and care for the upkeep of my island environment. Join me for a wonderful adventure while you are on holiday on La Digue. Rest assured of having an unforgettable experience with nature. My tour programme includes individual and group packages tailormade on clients request. The programme includes activities mentioned below: •Panoramic view of La Digue and its neighbouring islands such as Coco Island, Sister Island and others from its highest point at Nid d'Aigles •Explore the lush forests of Fond Piment downhill to the beautiful Anse Coco beach •Adventure to the Anse Marron beach •Wildlife of the island such as the endemic Paradise Flycatcher bird and others •Enjoy the secret breathtaking scenic views •Experience granitic rock climbing •Sunset, sunrise and full moon excursions •Sunset and fullmoon barbecues •Rock climbing tours •Kayak tours •Surfing and bodyboard lessons •Day trip bicycle tours around La Digue •Day trip walking tours around La Digue •Bouldering. On Praslin: •Trail around the mythical May Valley which is a part of Unesco Heritage with its amazing Coco De Mer •Trail around the Fond Ferdinand park to see the Coco De Mer •Nature walk in the middle of virgin forest up to join the Anse Lazio and the Anse Georgette, which are considered as the most beautiful beaches in the world All excursions above come with local fruit platter and drinks See you soon... in one of the most beautiful places in the world! Thanking you
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Impressed by Roberts professionalism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm certainly not the active type. I have never gone hiking or done a trail before this, and I never thought I'd like it this much. It was challenging, but not too hard. We saw some amazing things.

About the day: The whole thing started around 8:30 and ended at 13:00. We walked through the jungle, climbed some stones, crawled under smaller passages, walked passed beautiful beaches, walked on top of coral, and went snorkeling whilst our guide, Robert, made us lunch. We stopped all throughout the trail where Robert told us about the different birds and plants.

About our guide: Robert, was very professional, which I was impressed by. He was calm, very clear, and above everything - he took his time. Everything from making sure our shoelaces were properly tied and tucked in - to the technique involved with walking across the beautiful large stones. I was there with my boyfriend and another couple. He was equally patient with all of us. He took good care of us and we felt that we trusted him. He spoke of safety and the importance of not being out places that you are not familiar with at night, or when the tide comes in.

When we had come to Anse Marron, a beautiful beach with a closed-off pool to snorkel in, he told us to have a swim while he prepared lunch. Without exaggerating, he prepare the most beautiful fruit plate I have ever seen. I've stayed at 5 star resorts where the fruit plates were not as nice. So lunch consisted of the most elaborate fruit platter (on a real china plate) and samosas, which we ate half sitting in the water. It's something we'll never forget.

He also told us to go look at a baby shark that had been in a nearby rock pool for the past 4 weeks. He told us to look, but not disturb the shark, which brings me to my next point. He has such great respect for La Digue and it's beautiful nature. Throughout the trail, if he saw something out of place, like a bit of plastic that had washed into the shore - he picked it up and took it with him.

We were told in advance what to bring on the trail; water, snorkeling things, water shoes, etc.. so it was good to be prepared. Listen to Robert and you'll have a great time. We had a perfect day. Something we'll never forget.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank nenidan

• Polish first
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“Best trip of seychelles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I never wrote a review before, i usually just consume ;) But i have to tell this trip was the best thing what happened to me on the seychelles. Our Guide Robert showed us the way from Grand Anse to Anse Source d'argent, passing the beautiful Anse Marron. The food and his stories were also great.

If you are on la digue this a must!

Visited October 2013
Cologne, Germany
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Get your a... up there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

It will take your breath away, both literally and figuratively. The most beautiful part of La Digue can only be explored with a good guide and Robert is an excellent one. He will feed you well with fresh fruit, coconut and tasty chicken-but only once you have made it to Anse Marron-which I would rate the Number One beach on the island. He will take you through the granite boulders and seawater up to your waist and higher to give you the full exposure of Seychelles at their best. He is a knowledgeable man around flora and fauna and takes care to preserve both of them. Walking with him is good fun, the one thing I would ask him.. is to make allowances for poor tourists who see these wonders for the first time and need some more time to fully enjoy and -take pictures as well;-) than he, who sees it every day-lucky man!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank wendywombatine
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful daytrip to Anse Marron!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Robert is a fantastic tour guide and he knows La Digue better than his palm! He will take you to adventurous and fun trails that entails hiking, climbing, swimming while enjoying superb views. The lunch that he prepared at Anse Marron was memorable. He takes very good care of his people.

I would highly recommend that you contact Robert if you want to spice your holidays in La Digue!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrea S
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Better than excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Robert is a wonderful person - very professional tour guide taking care of his customers needs but also a great man with a big, big heart, His tours are full of adventure, challenge and fun. During the trip you really feel that he is very passionate about his job. I've done many private tours in the past (I travel alone a lot) but have never felt so safe and motivated to try new things at the same time. We were climbing, hiking, swimming, walking, cycling - all within one afternoon.

If you are bored with staying at the beach (admit it - no matter how amazing the beach is you will at some point) and you have an adveturous spirit - this tour is for you. La Digue has so many hidden breathtaking places that it would be a shame to miss them. So go and explore with Robert - I'm sure he will help you to create some beautiful and unforgettable memories.

Visited August 2013