Review Highlights
Great one day on La Digue

This was probably the best day on Seychelles for us. The trail is not too demanding, virtually... read more

Reviewed December 2, 2018
Jaromír G
Ostrava, Czech Republic
Marvellous beach, but not very lonely any more!

You need to hike and climb to get from Grand Anse to this wonderful beach. For us it was a lot of... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018

from $46.00
from $160.99
from $362.22
More Info
All reviews anse marron on the rocks grand anse fruit a lot of fun low tide beautiful beach per person guide trail robert blast shoes sea water seychelles island
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Its a nice beach and worth the effort getting there because there won't be many people. You don't need to pay ridiculous amounts of money to get a guide to get there despite what everyone else on this forum. The hike is straightforward if you have even a little hiking experience. I'm 38 and reasonably fit and I had no problems at all. Just go to Anse Source d'Argent. Start walking a couple of hours before low tide and head south along the coast. I was never more than thigh-deep in water. There are inland tracks as well so keep your eyes open for these as they will make your journey a lot quicker but it is possible to wade and boulder-hop all the way along to the beach without going inland. There are no stonefish - just something that the guides make up so that you don't go wading in the water to the beach by yourself.
I went twice. First time just sticking to the water took me an hour. Second time going along the water and inland tracks took me 45 minutes. I was able to stay there for 3 hours each time and could have stayed longer but didn't want to risk getting trapped by the tides.If you have waterproof sandals or shoes then take these as they will make your walk quicker still. I went barefoot and there were coral and rocks in some parts that slowed me down.
If you can't get there don't stress. There are other nicer beaches around. The attraction of this one is that you will have far fewer people (if any at all) to share it with.
Good luck with your hike.

Date of experience: January 2014
10  Thank Kenonthemove
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did a hiking tour to Anse Marron with Robert Agnès of Sunny Trails (you'll find him on Facebook). That turned out to be the best day of the holidays. We left from Grande Anse and reached Anse Marron from there and then continued to Anse Source D'argent. This tour is not for everyone. You need to be reasonably fit and ready to sweat, get qey, dirty etc. Robert is a fantastic tour guide. He knows the area like the back of his hand and will truly make you discover his island. This is the best way of exploring La Digue. It was tough but so rewarding. We walked through the jungle, crawled in between rocks and we even finished the hike by walking waist deep in the water along the coast. Anse Marron is splendid but to be honest so is every single beach you get to see along the way. Cannot recommend this tour highly enough.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hidden paradise.
I just saw my holiday photos and you just have to recommend this beach.
The hike there is probably already an adventure, but worth it. What you really need is good shoes and a guide who knows the right way. I think there is only 2 or 3 leaders who have a license from the this ... well, I would probably prefer to stay away from the rest! In Germany we pay so on training and further education. I was in a group that was led by Robert Agnes. He knows the way exactly, and can tell you everything you want to know.
Everyone should decide what quality you want to have, but at the granite rocks, the decision should probably fall on security itself of course!
You can reach him via facebook easiest, La Digue tour guide. There are also his cell phone number and email address.
So when La Digue, Anse Marron and then greets Robert from me :)

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Sanni2609
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Deep hiking and climbing for about 1 long hour, but is worth the effort. Go to Zanboza guest house and hire Wilfreds services, a native who knows the place very well, as he was born and grown in the area. The trip includes a basket of tropical fruits offered by Wilfred. 25€ each person.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Oiane S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went there with a Robert who is a professional and the best guide on whole La Digue Island . we recommend to go there only with him !!! This beach is divided into 2 independent parts . First of them is a natural swimming pool and the second one is a beach similar to grand anse but a little bit smaller with really huge waves. The best thing of the trip to anse marron is when you reach it after an hour of trekking , and you see one of the most terrific view ever .

Date of experience: May 2013