$258
  • Breakfast included
Casa De Leela(La Digue Island)
$129
  • Pool
Cocotier du Rocher(La Digue Island)
$121
  • Free Internet
Chateau St Cloud(La Digue Island)
$194
  • Restaurant
Hotel L'Ocean(La Digue Island)
$230
$140
Agoda.com
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
La Digue Self-Catering Apartments(La Passe)(Great Value!)
$119
$492
$477
  • Restaurant
La Digue Island Lodge(La Digue Island)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsanse source d'argentla digueour honeymoonrent a bikeflowersguesthousegardenjettyislandaccommodationbeachesbicyclesflycatcherbirdsparadise
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We recently stayed here for 5 nights on the half board plan and everything lived up to the high expectations from TripAdvisor. The location was great, the staff was very attentive and helpful and the food was tasty. I think the value here is really, really tough to beat. There aren't many other dining/nightlife options on the island so it makes sense to maximize your day and then enjoy the property at night.

The only drawback: I think the food suffers from a bit of "europification." For being authentic Creole cooking, nothing was very spicy or heavily seasoned. While all the fish, salads and curries are very good, fresh, etc. the authenticity of the spice is clearly toned down to cater to europeans. I would encourage future guests to ask for dishes to be cooked with the spice and intensity as eaten by the locals so they don't miss out on REAL Seychelles flavor.

Room Tip: Bungalow #5 gets you a garden view and with only 1 shared wall. Most of the others have your only window looking right into your neighbor's room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve15182
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I just came back from 12 days at this wonderful hotel with my wife and two small kids. It is run by a fantastic lady, Johanne, her son Apever and her husband Andrea who takes care of the maritine trips that they organize weekly and upon demand. This hotel is a jewel, every smallest service detail and problem is dealt with most expertly and fast well above international standards, from food (and preferences for children) to organizing bikes and many other things. Andrea took us twice on amazing trips to adjacent islands to snorkle, swim with turtles etc - with a boat equipped with two other skippers for people's safety, comfort and medical needs. Apever is a master in logistics, which was extremely helpful several times. They are also truly knowledgeable about sealife, fishes, wildlife in the water and the surroundigns of their hotel (as a zoologist I can say that). Justifiedly they can and should expect that travellers are conscientious of that wildlife, behave in responsible, eco-friendly ways and don't waste precious natural resources. Johanne is an impressive character, she cooks/serves superb Creole food every night - so there is no point going elsewhere for dinner, with stunning fishes, fresh salads, all locally sourced and prepared to very high standards. For kids they offer to prepare a little dinner earlier and individually which makes many things easier.Their well-tendered garden has sunbirds drinking on hibiscus flowers, paradise flycatchers, bats and a host of wildlife (frogs, stunning butterflies, banana trees and flowers) - a real paradise for those truly interested in Nature: these people will open your eyes for a lifetime and help you discover LaDigue's many beauties. For lazy tourists on a blind consumer trip this is not the place (nor is the island LaDigue). The location of the hotel is very central, right next to the Anse Source d'Argent, the Union estate, the helipad and the better beaches on the western side of the island. The rooms are nice, clean, huge bathrooms, well taken care of every day, well functioning A/C, all these cannot be better under difficult tropical conditions of high heat and humidity. According to European standards the room rates are very reasonable, moreover I doubt one can find a better service on the island.

Room Tip: no point having a swimming pool when the warm turqoise crystal sea is only minutes away.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Prof_Koentges
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at Etoile Labrine 6 nights in March. They were 6 perfect days and nights. We started to look forward to come back to Etoile Labrine already at the first moment when we left.
The host family really pays attention to every detail to make sure their guests feel like staying at home. The rooms are spacious and clean; the sockets in the room are internationally capable, so we didn't need an adapter; there is a ceiling fan which we actually prefer than having AC on all the time; there are clothes-drying racks for each room.
The dinners at Etoile Labrine were just unforgettable for us. We got fish meals in different style every time; we got even expensive fishes to dinner, like red snapper and grouper. And I miss the fresh lemon-grass tea and coconut flavored ice cream......
The one-day excursion with their own boat to three different islands including BBQ on beach was remarkable. We went twice! The best service we could ever imagine even during the excursion!
Thanks a lot to Etoile Labrine for making our stay on La Digue a sweet memory for ever!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yam Y
Reviewed March 9, 2012

we have been at the end of february 2012 at this hotel for one week. we were a group of friends with 8 adults and 5 children age from 7 to 12. The large rooms were clean and tidy, air conditioning well working, huge shower. But the most special thing has been Madame Johanna with her cortesy, efficiency, good organization and especially delicious food. We had booked as bed & breakfast because the idea was to go for dinner around the island, but after the first wonderful dinner, we have eaten all the week at the etoile labrine and we had every dinner a fish cooked in a different way and always very very good. Madame Johanna has paid a lot of attention to the children and their needs. She rented bicycle at a very good price and organized a beautiful trip with the boat of her husband. Most of us already knew seychelles, but we all agree that this is the best place to come back again. Atmosphere romantic and familiar at the same time.

Room Tip: all of them are the same
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank anna s
Reviewed January 10, 2012

In my 8 days at Seychelles, among 5 different locations this one was by far the best.

Room is nice, wide (shower enormous), clean, with all the extra comforts one needs: fridge and a/c. Bed is big size and comfortable. No noise at all during nights and no insects, no mosquitos. Breakfast is tasty with eggs or pancake, a plate of fresh fruits, tea or coffee, toast, butter and jam. Dinner is good too (very rich!) but I only tried once because I wanted to go around during nights and taste different restaurants (no one actually I found better or cheaper than dinner at Labrine, but some is located directly on the beach).

Most of all, the manager (Apeber) and all the family are very nice, they really take care of you: one for all they bring you bikes to the residence and take care of the rent with no extra fee. Also they solved very quickly I problem that I had with my bike: somebody took it when I stopped at the ocean hotel for a beer... thanks to them and their talk with the renter, in less than 24 hour I had my bike back, and meanwhile I could use another. So they are good problem solver!

They even organize excursions with their boat, I tried one of them (to Felicite, Ile Coco and SIster Islands) and I suggest it because the boat is very nice, one of the best I could see in La Digue, and you need to take at least one tour when in La Digue

Location is not on the sea, but is close to the best beaches and not far from town: everything is at most 10 minutes far by bike

It is definitely worth the money they ask, that initially seemed pretty much to me, if compared to some solutions apparently similar in Mahè. Actually it is not so common to find a comfort like that in Seychelles unless you go in resorts or fancy hotels, that cost at least twice that price.
So if you do not have a budget of 150 euro or more per person, this one is a pretty good choice!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple