“Great italian”

Claudios Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Claudios Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Glen Cove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

truly the best meal a restaurant can serve. the pollo con peperonta was great. the staff and owner claudio make you feel like family. the deserts are also out of this world. the grappa shot for instant laughter (only the strong) need try this bevervage.

4  Thank Ray V

Reviewed June 10, 2014

*I originally wrote this on La Pace's (now closed) old review page: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g47788-d543820-Reviews-La_Pace-Glen_Cove_New_York.html#REVIEWS.

I've since transferred it here and been back to Claudio's twice, each time better than the last - thank you msmac2!

My girlfriend and I walked into what was formerly "La Pace" at 51 Cedar Swamp Rd. Only a small interim sign hung outside "Claudio's Italian Restaurant", but inside, the renovations are beautiful as are the new owners. The father and son team are Claudio and Fabrizio, and they're a couple of the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They both struck me as genuinely passionate about people, and food!

For starters, we shared some incredible spinach salad along with a cold seafoad salad. Fabrizio also introduced us to a white wine infusion mix called Equilibrium - it was amazing! Our entrees consisted of a monk fish and a stuffed veal - both specials. Every bite was over the top delicious, including dessert accompanied by one of the best cappuccinos I've ever had. The service was average as can be expected for a restaurant has yet to have an official opening. They explained to me that this was the best way to perfect both a menu and staff for their grand opening, which may not be for weeks yet. He also joked that until then, his doors will always be open, just for us lol. We can't wait to go back!

6  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Claudio's Ristorante, newly opened in Glen Cove, NY is guaranteed to become a food lovers mecca. Probably best described as Northern Itailian cuisine with a lot of continental flare, the dishes tried at my table on a recent visit were all delicious. The owners are personable, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and go out of their way to ensure you are going to have a memorable meal. The items tried included the Veal alla Franco, a superb special that should become part of the regular menu, the lobster ravioli was equally well prepared and the desserts, from strawberry tarts to custards, were the perfect ending to a very delicious meal. I don't believe any morsel of food was left on the plates after we were finished.

The place is new, recently opened in May 2014, so the owners are fine tuning the operations gradually, but one would never know that by the incredible quality of the food that they are serving and the warmth that you feel in the very spacious dining room. I highly recommend this place, it might just become one of your favorites too.

8  Thank msmac2